Window felt - two types - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Non-Technical > 3rd Generation Chevy II/Nova's

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 14th-May-2019, 05:44 PM   #1
rquad
(OP)

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 1974 Hatchback LS2
Garage
Window felt - which type?

I need to replace my window felt. I found there are two styles: "original" and "replacement". The only difference is supposed to be the shape of the chrome/stainless strip - the "original" is rounded and the "replacement" is flat. I can get the "replacement" for about half the "original".

Originality is not a concern for me. Quality and appearance are important.

Can't tell enough from photos to see the difference. Would I be making a mistake to get the cheaper flat ones?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by rquad; 14th-May-2019 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Should have set title as a question
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15th-May-2019, 12:47 PM   #2
YENKO DEUCE REG

Nova(s): 1970 Yenko Deuce 1969 Super Sport
There are repro round bead versions, they need to be trimmed - but fit very well. The flat bead versions fit 'ok', but they look really strange - JMHO!

FWIW, I had a full set of flat bead fuzzies given to me for this car, and I went and bought a full set of round beads anyway! No regrets!
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 16th-May-2019, 08:04 PM   #3
bikerman942

Title: Nova Newbie
Nova(s): 72
Angry Replacement window felts

I bought a set of the replacement felts and I think they are a waste of money. The flat chrome edge isn't bad but the felt part is a v shape and they don't shed any water instead they funnel all the water down the sides of the door.

Old 20th-May-2019, 05:22 PM   #4
YENKO DEUCE REG

Nova(s): 1970 Yenko Deuce 1969 Super Sport
Agree....I wouldn't buy the flat version, they do cost a bit less are much inferior to the round bead versions.
Old 20th-May-2019, 05:51 PM   #5
rquad
(OP)

Nova(s): 1974 Hatchback LS2
Garage
Cool

I ended up buying the round ones. I hope they're worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement