New member, new car, new question--Rear seat - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Non-Technical > 4th Generation Nova's

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12th-March-2009, 11:26 PM   #1
Knuckle Dragger
(OP)

Title: Nova Guru
New member, new car, new question--Rear seat

I just bought a 76 with the fold down rear seat (were they all fold down?). OF course that's a bit of a misstatement. It has no rear seat, but it was a fold down.

My questions are: Is the seat specific to the fourth gen cars? Where do I find one? What should I expect to pay?

Thanks for any help. I'm new to the Nova.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13th-March-2009, 08:07 AM   #2
Novajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle Dragger View Post
I just bought a 76 with the fold down rear seat (were they all fold down?). OF course that's a bit of a misstatement. It has no rear seat, but it was a fold down.

My questions are: Is the seat specific to the fourth gen cars? Where do I find one? What should I expect to pay?

Thanks for any help. I'm new to the Nova.
Can't tell if you have a hatchback, but that model came with fold down rear seats.

Hatchbacks don't show up on eBay too often so you may have to be patient if you're looking for a rear seat. IIRC, Classic Industries sells replacement seat covers in various colors in case you find a good frame with bad covers.

Not sure if you're looking for interior trim, but hatchbacks have some differences with non-hatch cars. This trim is usually pretty weathered. Occasionally someone parts out a hatch and posts the stuff on eBay.

I've had very good luck posting in the Wanted section here at Steves.

Good luck.
Old 13th-March-2009, 08:27 AM   #3
7T4-SOA

Title: Nova Junior Member
Nova(s): 1974 Spirit of America
Check with Desert Valley Auto, just south of Phoenix. They'll have the seat you're looking for and whatever else you're needing for it.

Old 13th-March-2009, 08:48 AM   #4
ProNova

Nova(s): 1976 Pro Street SS clone
Also another thing, Nice looking ride, But you sure it is a 76, It has a 75 grill in it,and as the above said, hatchbacks had fold down seats, find someone with a hollander exchange book (Junkyards use them) to see what all interchanges with it and welcome to the world of FORGOTTEN NOVAS and enjoy it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bruce NNN Member #41221 Prostreet Fraternity

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 13th-March-2009, 07:10 PM   #5
Knuckle Dragger
(OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7T4-SOA View Post
Check with Desert Valley Auto, just south of Phoenix. They'll have the seat you're looking for and whatever else you're needing for it.
Cool I'll do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProNova View Post
Also another thing, Nice looking ride, But you sure it is a 76, It has a 75 grill in it,and as the above said, hatchbacks had fold down seats, find someone with a hollander exchange book (Junkyards use them) to see what all interchanges with it and welcome to the world of FORGOTTEN NOVAS and enjoy it.

Dang, I forgot about the hollander book. Right on thanks for the tip.
Old 25th-March-2009, 11:03 PM   #6
ss75nova

Title: Nova Junior Member
yes it's a 76, i liked the 75 grille better. it is a hatch back.
Old 25th-March-2009, 11:48 PM   #7
Philip

Title: Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7T4-SOA View Post
If dealing with them do it in person. There have been posts of trouble with mail order sales. Also be prepared to pay top dollar for what you want.

SOLD 01/15

Sponsored Links
Advertisement