Chevy Nova Forum - View Single Post - GM shipping docs
View Single Post
Old 1st-September-2019, 11:04 AM   #5
l79Nova
(OP)

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): Marina Blue 66 L79 SS
Just to know where the car was originally shipped and shipping date is enough. I know I won't get much else but at least I will know if it was originally shipped to Los Angeles. BTW... My engine is not stamped with the VIN and I had been told some were but some were not. A friend of mine owns a true L79 but his block was replaced for whatever reason back in the early 80's. Another guy I know believes he may have picked it up from the shop were the exchange took place around that same time. He located the block yesterday in his garage and said his block also is void of the VIN. And he has verified the authenticity of the L79 block. So not all Novas had the engine stamped with the VIN in 1966. At least in California. Another interesting note. My friends car was in California in the 80's and he has the original air cleaner but it is not a smog air cleaner which I find interesting. I need to research more and find out if the block my other friend picked up that we believe came from that car has the smog designation on the numbers on the block. Mine does but it had headers on it in 1972 and when I picked it up in 74 the original air cleaner had been swapped for a open filament style and the smog pump was long gone if it even had one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.