Chevy Nova Forum

Chevy Nova Forum (https://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Introductions (https://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   New member (https://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=662605)

racer756 14th-April-2019 05:41 PM

New member-old Drag car
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hello,
My name is Don Hudson, last year I bought an old race car called “straight shooter” it is a 70 Nova SS 396, was factory 4speed car. It was used and abused when I got it. Previous owners started to tub the rear and quit. Gunna need lots of work. I have a couple parts cars that I going to piece it back to health with. Power will come from a 1970 LS-7:454 that I have still in the crate. I’m into all kinds of stuff, vdrive boats, old cars, Corvairs, Vintage RVs, and I also have a nitro Funny Car called the beachcomber. Google it. You can also check my stuff out on Instagram, I am racer756. Thanks!

bop30860 14th-April-2019 06:06 PM

Welcome from Florida

racer756 14th-April-2019 07:38 PM

Thanks Bop!

CEW 14th-April-2019 08:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome! Glad to have you!

I googled "beachcomber" and saw this name on a Vega, Trans Am, Cuda, and Monza. Which is yours? Also a quick search yielded this pic of the "Straight Shooter", probably back in its heyday.

utterson 14th-April-2019 08:51 PM

Welcome aboard!

novawagon67 14th-April-2019 09:24 PM

Welcome to SNS and enjoy!!

racer756 15th-April-2019 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CEW (Post 5821175)
Welcome! Glad to have you!

I googled "beachcomber" and saw this name on a Vega, Trans Am, Cuda, and Monza. Which is yours? Also a quick search yielded this pic of the "Straight Shooter", probably back in its heyday.

I own the Cuda bodied Beachcomber and the TransAm. The Vega and Monza were owned and ran by Don Johnson back in the 1970’s.

That pic of the “straight shooter” is when I picked it up. Isn’t the internet great?

racer756 15th-April-2019 12:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the current Beachcomber

racer756 15th-April-2019 12:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a old pic of the straight shooter before I got it.

bigallis1 15th-April-2019 07:14 AM

Welcome Don, from Jim in The Villages, Florida...……..

'71 Nova SS 15th-April-2019 08:29 AM

:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! Good luck with your project; looks like you're gonna need it! Check out this thread, post in it and join our 3rd gen social group.
https://www.stevesnovasite.com/forum...d.php?t=630617

CEW 15th-April-2019 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racer756 (Post 5821227)
I own the Cuda bodied Beachcomber and the TransAm. The Vega and Monza were owned and ran by Don Johnson back in the 1970’s.

That pic of the “straight shooter” is when I picked it up. Isn’t the internet great?

Cool cars!! Have fun with them! Are you planning to restore the Nova back to stock or build it back up as a race car?

Yeah, the internet is good for some things.

carcrazy615 15th-April-2019 08:56 AM

Welcome. Always glad to have new members.

racer756 15th-April-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CEW (Post 5821257)
Cool cars!! Have fun with them! Are you planning to restore the Nova back to stock or build it back up as a race car?

Yeah, the internet is good for some things.

Thanks CEW
My goal is to find a place between stock and 70’s street racer mode. I am going to replace all the cut up sheet metal. Might use DSE mini tubs in rear so I can shove a larger tire under it. Also going back to stock paint color 28 fathom blue.

Power will come from a 1970 LS-7: 454 that I still have in the crate.

This was basically the car I could never afford when I was in high school in the late 70’s, early 80’s.

racer756 15th-April-2019 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcrazy615 (Post 5821259)
Welcome. Always glad to have new members.

Thanks Carcrazy :)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Lt
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.