Chevy Nova Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-12 of 13 Results
  1. Nova Projects
    Thought i would get on here and give an update on my 1978 nova rebuild. several years ago, we bought my son his first car, a 77 nova rally. he drove it to school every day the first year then we took it down and did a restoration on it. it's the purple one that i have posted on here before. just...
  2. Originality
    Hello my fellow Nova lovers! I am new to this forum but I am not new to loving and owning 4th gen Novas. I have 1975 Nova SS and I am trying to find details on F-41 rear sway bars for 4th Gen Novas. There are only a few pics that I could find of the 4th Gen Nova 9c1 police package F-41 rear...
  3. Drivetrain & Performance
    I currently have a 350 gm crate motor in my 78. After running the numbers on it, it seems to be a basic 250hp build. I have a lead on a good deal for a BB. I have read through some of these threads. Seems to be a direct bolt in. I do have a 400 trans that i see the cross member needs to be...
  4. Member Introductions
    Hi all, getting ready to take delivery of a 350-4 v8 1978 Nova, glad to find this site. I'm sure I'll have some questions as my skills are limited to brake pad replacement and oil changes. Here's a pic...
  5. Member Introductions
    Just got a very nice rust free 1978 Nova, straight 6, Coupe, completely stock with only 55k on it. So far the only change was to add rally wheels- it still had tires from 1996 on it. Body is straight, brakes were just re-done (new master), fuel system was just gone through and it passed smog...
  6. Body and Interior
    Hello, I'm new here and I've been having trouble with my Nova, which also happens to be my first project car. So I've got a 78 nova that I'm trying to make look like a custom, one problem is the vents, it had a vinyl top on which covered the vents and I have no idea how they're covered for sure...
  7. Drivetrain & Performance
    i recently got my nova back from the shop and they fixed whatever needed to be fixed under my budget. They had told me that a problem would be an accelerator pump in the carburetor that's sticking. is it easier to rebuild the whole thing or to just fix the pump or even to get a new carburetor...
  8. Electrical
    i got my nova out of the shop a few days ago and they told me i had been driving without an alternator belt. weird right? well i got the belt but i dont really know how to put it on. i have a big book that tells me how to fix my car but its not year spacific. i have a Straight 6 engine in a...
  9. Electrical
    Hello! Still kind of new to this forum but i'm happy of have found it. I'm having trouble with my rear passenger light. It doesn't turn on at all and the rear drivers side light it brighter then the other, even when it was just a faint light. There were some exposed wires but I put caps on...
  10. 4th Generation Nova's
    I'm nearing what I hope is the end of my interior/ new gauge cluster overhaul. I'm still up in the air what to do about the seatbelts. The fronts are the kind that mount in the headliner. I've done hours of searching to find these kind new but no one seems to make them. I pulled some of an...
  11. Member Introductions
    Hi i'm Roberto but called Beto more. I'm new here got my first car and what a pick. 78 Nova with a straight 6, it drives great but interior is beat. Exterior is got one dent on left rear only and needs a paint on account it was camel brown so over these years it now looks brown. I don't mind...
  12. 4th Generation Nova's
    I have been working on the Nova for a couple of months. Bought her in july 2008. Here are a couple of pics how i bought her: First burnout :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwx05MCEQng It has a nice 350V8 and TH350 transmission. She didnt get much attention from the previous owner, i've...
1-12 of 13 Results