Chevy Nova Forum banner

1965 -again- "Lessons Learned"

43K views 127 replies 40 participants last post by  acd65post 
#1 · (Edited)
1965-again- "Cost-N-Me"

Starting out with another 65 Nova this time I have gone full frame...an RS Full chassis. Here is the start of my 65 Nova "Lessons Learned"

First I started to brace the nova body for full floor removal.

See less See more
#8 ·
Rs

Very Nice i see a bunch of the Chevelle guys in the Chicago area have their chassis-frame its very nice and $$ are you going to reuse and of your OLD setup or was it all bent up in the accident ?

If you getting rid of the Cowl / firewall i would be interested in buying the Toe board area not sure how good it is
?

snolanc2@gmail.com please email me your price i am not that far from CP-IN

#13 ·
Very Nice i see a bunch of the Chevelle guys in the Chicago area have their chassis-frame its very nice and $$ are you going to reuse and of your OLD setup or was it all bent up in the accident ?

If you getting rid of the Cowl / firewall i would be interested in buying the Toe board area not sure how good it is
?

snolanc2@gmail.com please email me your price i am not that far from CP-IN
Sorry just saw this post. I would get rid of that. There is no rust pm me if you would like more info.

#11 ·
another 65 coming back......love it

WOW!

That is a heck of a set-up. I have not seen the full frame for a first gen Nova, but man that looks slick. I have had mine up in the air long enough to wonder if there was any need for creating a more complete frame under it and now...feel fingers slipping farther and farther from stock build. Can't wait to follow along with this project. Good luck, and thank you for the pictures of the bracing the front, that is what I have to do after I put some of the pieces of mine back together so those pics are helpful.

Charlie

#12 ·
Floor out body on

Removing the back floor of the car and added more bracing.

Welded the last braces between hinges, and ready to cut.

Floor is out!!

Thought I would see what the chassis looked like before I install the new Triple adjustable Ridetech coil overs.

Sits pretty low

Putting body on chassis for first time.

Checking how everything fits back together. Had to cut bottom on core support off to get fenders to sit at the right height.

That's it for now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.