Fuel tanks for fuel injection conversions? - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Body, Chassis and Mechanical > Drivetrain & Performance

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 18th-December-2006, 12:02 PM   #1
SteveM

Title: Nova Junior Member
Fuel tanks for fuel injection conversions?

With the increased popularity of fuel injected engines into early Novas, is anyone making a replacement fuel tank that is baffled and set up for a factory GM style in-tank pump? I'm hoping for something other than a $1000 custom built tank.

It seems to me that a few years ago, someone was offering a tank setup for TBI injection use, but I can't seem to find that information now. I know about the possibility of using a small electric pump to fill up a "surge" tank to feed the main electric fuel pump for FI use, but I was hoping for something a bit more "factory" in function and appearance.

Alternatively, are there any late model (fuel injected) vehicles whose tank dimensions are close enough to early Novas (62-67) that the entire tank can be swapped in?

Any help is appreciated.

SteveM.
Advertisement

Old 18th-December-2006, 04:52 PM   #2
Pwrtrip75

Title: Nova Guru
If you can get a 98-older f-body tank cut the part where the pump goes in and weld it on a Nova one. And I believe there is a place that makes the paice to weld in for the in-tank pumps. I looked on LS1tech.com but couldnt find it.
In tank is the way to go. I have the aeromotive one out of tank now and its so horribly loud. Watch my vids and hear, it drowns out the exhaust.
High HP applications run dual walbro pumps inside. I have to look for the parts also to make a tank becasue im ditching my weedeater sounding one.

Ahh.. found something.
http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/pa...prod/prd84.htm
Youd just need a stock replacement tank with this in it. Or your old one.?
Old 18th-December-2006, 05:25 PM   #3
SteveM

Title: Nova Junior Member
TBI setup.

Thanks for the link and info. I'm actually trying to do a 4.3L Vortec V6 Throttle Body Setup. It might sound a little kooky, but I'm not trying to build a race car. This would require a lower pressure pump (15 psi or so). I like the idea of sectioning another tank and welding it to the top of my existing Nova tank in order to get the in-tank pump setup and simplified wiring.

SteveM.
Old 18th-December-2006, 06:56 PM   #4
nova65ss

Nova(s): 63 SS Convertible
Chevy2only has a stock one converted but it does not say if it is baffled or not. Not much less than a grand either but less.

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb....Z5Z5Z50000132A

Jimmy

My Nova
Old 18th-December-2006, 10:47 PM   #5
new2novas

Nova(s): 63 custom convertible
we got a stainless one from Rock Valley, really nice with the pump assembly in it and all for a customers 36 buick we are putting a 350 ramjet and 6 speed in...i don't know what we paid but i do know that the gas fill wasn't right so instead of us having to do anything we let them know and they had ups come and pick up their tank as well as the original and we don't have to pay a dime in shipping and should get them back shortly, and although i could say it should have been done right the first time,that customer service i haven't seen anywhere else...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement