How to find old Ebay listing? - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > General > Ebay, etc. Discussion

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 4th-December-2006, 06:48 PM   #1
Sh1fter

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 478" '63
How to find old Ebay listing?

Is there any way to find out what an item sold for after the sale has ended? All I have is the descriptive key word.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4th-December-2006, 07:37 PM   #2
novamaniac

Nova(s): 63 Canadian Nova Wagon & 74 Nova
Type your key word into the search box on eBay. Click on advanced search and on the next page click on the box that says completed items than hit search. Make sure your key word is still in the search box. I am not sure how many days you can go back. Hope this helps

novamaniac
Old 4th-December-2006, 07:55 PM   #3
Sh1fter

Thanks! That worked for some other items but the one I was looking for was not there. I think maybe it was pulled off before closing. The reserve was not met, last I saw. Thanks for your help. I can delete this thread to save space. Should I?
Old 4th-December-2006, 09:02 PM   #4
novamaniac

Nova(s): 63 Canadian Nova Wagon & 74 Nova
If it was pulled than it would come up an invalid item. If you knew the number you could find out. Maybe you should leave this thread for a little while. You never know maybe someone can use that information.

novamaniac
Old 4th-December-2006, 09:18 PM   #5
DANNO

Nova(s): 72 Sedan
Yeah, leave it here. Someone else may have the same question.
Old 4th-December-2006, 09:37 PM   #6
66 BADBOY

Title: Moderator
Nova(s): 5 all in 1
If you just did a completed search with some criteria entered, it should come up unless it was a scam auction or pulled for a violation. If it ended normally, ended early with buy it now, or ended early because the seller ended the auction for any reason, it would come up for you.

You would only get the invalid statement if you:

A. Entered the auction number of an auction that was pulled by eBay for violations.

B. Saved the auction (while it was still going) to your favorite searches in your web browser or on your my eBay page, and later the auction was pulled by eBay for violations. After it was pulled by eBay, when you clicked on the favorited link to this auction, it would be displayed as invalid.

In other words, you only get the invalid statement when a direct link (either by typing the auction number or using a saved link in your favorites) is used to see the auction. If you searched completed items with a search criteria (such as 66 nova SS), only valid completed auctions will come up. If the auction you wanted to see was in violation and pulled before ending, it will not show up in a criteria search.

Long story short, the auction you looked at could have been in some sort of violation. The only way to have been certain was to have a direct link to it by auction number or stored in your favorites.

Hope this helps
Deuceboy
Old 4th-December-2006, 11:00 PM   #7
Sh1fter

Yowzer. Thanks for all of the info! Next time, I just need to copy and paste the listing # somewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement