build sheet - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > General > Originality

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 21st-April-2006, 10:46 PM   #1
1967something?

Title: Guest
build sheet

what does it look like? I think I found mine behind the rear seat cushion its torn and crumpled up but I can read most of it. I was kind of amased to see it because the interior had been replaced once. I know because the original door panels were under the new. I will try to fix it enough to scan and post it maybe someone can tell me something new about my car. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22nd-April-2006, 04:27 AM   #2
Nova Research

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 1970 230, 307, 396 so far
1967something?

That is probably a Fisher Body Buildsheet. Post it or email it to me and I should be able to get most of it decoded for you. These were different sizes of the years. 68 and later are 4" x 8" or so.

It has been awhile since I last saw an earlier one.

Greg R.
Proud Member of National Nostalgic Nova since 1986
Support NNN, It sponsors this site!
Old 23rd-April-2006, 06:12 PM   #3
SparkysSS

Title: Readers Club
67 build sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967something?
what does it look like? I think I found mine behind the rear seat cushion its torn and crumpled up but I can read most of it. I was kind of amased to see it because the interior had been replaced once. I know because the original door panels were under the new. I will try to fix it enough to scan and post it maybe someone can tell me something new about my car. Thanks.
I also found the original (assembly line printout) build sheet for my car stuffed in the springs of the rear seat. It measures approx. 4" X 8". It contains the Sequence number, the build date for the car, the body style number, the body number, trim code, and paint code, and various boxes for the group numbers or option codes.
Old 24th-April-2006, 10:51 PM   #4
Nova Research

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 1970 230, 307, 396 so far
SparkysSS;

Would love to see it. Email or post a pic and I can decode most of it for you. Would like to add it to the research database.

Greg R.
Proud Member of National Nostalgic Nova since 1986
Support NNN, It sponsors this site!
Old 26th-April-2006, 02:57 AM   #5
SparkysSS

Title: Readers Club
Build sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova Research
SparkysSS;

Would love to see it. Email or post a pic and I can decode most of it for you. Would like to add it to the research database.

Greg R.
Greg: PM me your email address, I'd be glad to share the info. I have been able to decode most of it just comparing it to the items/options and factory codes for my car. It all checks out. I can give you more detailed info after. Sheet is very brown from age of course, but still readable, I don't think a picture would show the printing as it also is getting faint. I laminated it to protect and preserve it, as the paper was getting brittle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement