three way adjustable drag shock adjustment?? - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Body, Chassis and Mechanical > Steering, Suspension, and Chassis

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 25th-October-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
64 SS

Title: Nova Senior Member
Nova(s): 64 SS Gasser project
three way adjustable drag shock adjustment??

Ok so i ditched my air shocks and picked up a set of comp engineering drag shocks. My question is what would be the best setting for these for street application? My car has a straight axle under the front and it sits a little higher than the rear, not sure how this will play into the adjustment of the shock. I have comp engineering traction bars with new leafs I just installed. Any help would be appreciated as usual. Thanks alot Jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25th-October-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
iroc343

Nova(s): 1970 SS
Optimum settings would be based upon what you're doing with the car and/or determined by results at the track. What I did with my purely street driven, stock suspension car, is 90-10 for the front and 50-50 for the back. My thoughts were, allow for maximum weight transfer and maximum control of wheel hop for the rear, seems to work well.
Old 28th-October-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
64 SS

Nova(s): 64 SS Gasser project
Red face

Thanks for the info... I can always just do some trial and error to see what works best for my app. I'm sure all cars respond differently under different circumstances. I'm sure any setting will be better then those pos air shocks..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement