63' Gasser - 50/50 or basic Napa rear shock ? - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Body, Chassis and Mechanical > Steering, Suspension, and Chassis

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 14th-August-2013, 12:55 AM   #1
awsomeears

Title: Nova Junior Member
Nova(s): 63' 2dr Nova " Gasser "
63' Gasser - 50/50 or basic Napa rear shock ?

Gasser style is obviously higher stance up front and lower in the rear, currently I have air shocks made by Pleasure Ride and are from the 70's

There bouncy as hell and got to go.

Lake wood sells a 50/50 version and the there is the standard NAPA style or Monroe style that I'm sure internally is much softer then a 50/50.

Also you can clearly see there are shock extensions on the current air shock, I would have to guess at least a 3" extension.

Any comments would be great, I also know having newer shocks in the rear will calm down my bounce I get in the front from to back, almost as if my car is a teeter totter on these lovely wisconsin roads. I can't complain to much I'm driving a straight axle on the street

Thanks much !

Last edited by awsomeears; 14th-August-2013 at 12:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14th-August-2013, 04:36 AM   #2
taz3

Title: Moderator
Nova(s): 2 69 SS BB L78's & 69 4dr
The Lakewood 50/50 refers to the rebound and compression, meaning they are equal, what you need to know is the stif**ess of the shock. I would bet you'd get a better ride from the Lakewood shock. The other NAPA & Monroe's are probably 50/50 as well.

The air shock certainy don't help the ride, but if the springs are to stiff front or rear this will also cause the rough ride, so if you change shocks and its still rough see about reducing the spring rates.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement