Spirit of America - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Non-Technical > 3rd Generation Chevy II/Nova's

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 26th-January-2013, 10:10 PM   #1
Indiana Jim

Title: Nova Newbie
Nova(s): 1974 Spirit of America
Spirit of America

I would like to know how many 1974 Nova Spirit of Americas are still out there. Only 14,000 made in 1974.

Last edited by Indiana Jim; 26th-January-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27th-January-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
Custom Jim

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 1968,1973,1974,1977(Sold)
It's hard to say how many may still be out there. I think that these might have a higher attrition rate than say a Camaro or a Chevelle.

When I get the chance I google around and find some now and then for sale or in auctions and copy what I can for possible future use.

You have to wonder too how many might have been reworked and they lost model specific things like the horn button center, the decals due to a repaint, swapping of interior paneling due to the plastic disintegrating, and who knows what else. When I see just things like an SOA Nova horn button I have to wonder if the car was scrapped or rebuilt differently and it lost it's SOA identity.

I bought my first SOA to rebuild and a second strictly for donor parts so out of those two only one is still around. The first one was a solid car but the second was to me just too far gone to really save.

Who knows, there may be a bunch of them still around but since there are hardly any reproduction parts a person either has to find an untouched original or scrounge for replacement parts. I know I have been collecting parts for mine for over 10 years and still need things.

I do remember seeing one locally a few years ago not even 3 miles from where I live and after talking with the owner he didn't get it out much.

Jim
Old 27th-January-2013, 06:40 PM   #3
Bill74ss

Nova(s): 1974 custom
Desert Valley Auto Parts (yes, from the desert car kings show) has one, but they will only part this one out. Shame.

http://www.dvap.com/parts/display/4078
Old 27th-January-2013, 09:22 PM   #4
Nova_Guy

Nova(s): 68 Chevy II SS
There was one being parted out in Dayto, Ohio a few weeks ago. It was really low mileage car that was very rusty and really beyond repair.

James
My web site
1968 Chevy II National Nostalgic Nova Member
Old 28th-January-2013, 12:27 AM   #5
Bill74ss

Nova(s): 1974 custom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova_Guy View Post
There was one being parted out in Dayto, Ohio a few weeks ago. It was really low mileage car that was very rusty and really beyond repair.
Saw that one. There was also one on ebay a while back in really rough condition. Somebody posted the link on here.
Old 21st-August-2013, 10:09 AM   #6
johnperri

Title: Nova Newbie
Nova(s): 1974 Spirit of America
74 noa soa

I am still making slow progress on my first Spirit of America. Major work is done on the body and engine. Now putting on the parts and interior.

Last edited by XINLOI44; 21st-August-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old 21st-August-2013, 10:22 AM   #7
67nova73

Nova(s): 73 and a 67 Nova
they had like 1 of them out this way awhile back at a yard ( the owner was re doing 1 of them and use the two others as parts )

he always complained about the car tho ....

but after the party WE ( 2005 hurricane we had and will be looking for volunteers for the next one ), they were like gone ....

im hoping that they were saved but knowing the result of most of the car(s) at the yard(s) this way .... im fearing the worst of their fate

Last edited by 67nova73; 21st-August-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement