Hot rod/muscle car cruise to Wickenburg, Arizona - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Regional Chevy II/Nova Enthusiasts > South Western US

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 3rd-January-2013, 11:55 AM   #1
Pete 63

Title: Nova Senior Member
Nova(s): 1963 station wagon
Hot rod/muscle car cruise to Wickenburg, Arizona

I am organizing an informal hot rod & muscle car cruise up to Screamers Drive-In located in Wickenburg, Arizona. We will be meeting between 11:00 - 11:30 AM on January 19th (Saturday) at the QuikTrip located at 14007 W. Grand Ave. This QT is on the south side of Grand Avenue, and is just north of Bell Road. There is a traffic light at Mountain Vista Boulevard and Grand Avenue where you can turn into the QT parking lot. Once everyone has arrived we will depart as a group and take the 60 to Wickenburg.

Screamers is a vintage burger stand that serves excellent food. Anybody that has a hot rod, muscle car, or late model horsepower is welcome to join us. We'll hang out at Screamers for probably around an hour or so, and then head back to Phoenix. Mostly it's just an excuse to put a few miles on our cars and have some fun.

Once we're back in town I have to head home afterwards for a bit, but then plan on hitting the Pavilions at Scottsdale around 5 - 6 PM if anybody wants to do some addtional cruising later that Saturday evening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3rd-January-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
nova66mussl

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 66 H/T 66 Wagon 1933 Fo
My son & I are going toBarrett Jackson. Is the Pavillion near that area?
Old 3rd-January-2013, 02:22 PM   #3
Pete 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova66mussl View Post
Barrett-Jackson is at WestWorld on Pima. The Pavilions are just south of WestWorld located on the west side of the 51 freeway and the north side of Indian Bend Road.
Old 3rd-January-2013, 03:29 PM   #4
67rsss6spd

Nova(s): 72Nova/LS1/6spd 67rs/ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova66mussl View Post
This is the best weekend of the year to be at the Pavilions,don't miss it. My buddies fly into town every year and out of all the shows going on this is always number one on the list.

Pete your cruise sounds like fun, I'll see if we can fit it in.
Old 3rd-January-2013, 03:52 PM   #5
Rich74custom

Nova(s): 74 Nova Custom
I will be there..
Old 14th-January-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
Pete 63

REMINDER: the cruise to Screamers is coming this weekend, January 19th. Meet at QT located at 14007 W. Grand Ave. between 11:00 - 11:30 AM. Bring your hot rod out... it will be a great time!
Old 14th-January-2013, 05:00 PM   #7
65chevy2see

Nova(s): 65 Chevy II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete 63 View Post
Barrett-Jackson is at WestWorld on Pima. The Pavilions are just south of WestWorld located on the west side of the 51 freeway and the north side of Indian Bend Road.
You mean west side of the 101. Not the 51. So take the 101 south from WestWorld, Take Indian Bend Rd. exit and make a right. It will be on your right hand side right off the freeway. Can't miss it.
Old 14th-January-2013, 06:58 PM   #8
Twinshadows

Nova(s): 1969 White 2-door
Pete---- I'll be working this week-end (19th) and the next week-end (26th). Maybe I can catch up on the next trip---- hope all goes well for everyone

jim----
Old 14th-January-2013, 09:06 PM   #9
Pete 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65chevy2see View Post
You mean west side of the 101. Not the 51. So take the 101 south from WestWorld, Take Indian Bend Rd. exit and make a right. It will be on your right hand side right off the freeway. Can't miss it.
You're 100% right... good catch! Sorry about that.
Old 15th-January-2013, 12:47 PM   #10
65chevy2see

Nova(s): 65 Chevy II
I won't be able to make the cruise. That's a long way to push a car. But I might go over to the pavillions later on. If I do i'll stop by and say hi. Always love to check out other Novas. Good inspiration.
Old 15th-January-2013, 01:37 PM   #11
USMC_Sgt.

Nova(s): 1964 Chevy II 100
I wanted to go on this cruise but I started my brakes last weekend and the car is still on stands.

May head out to the Pavilions though, there weren't a whole lot of Novas there last weekend. One can only admire so many Camaros.
Old 15th-January-2013, 06:29 PM   #12
Rich74custom

Ive got a tow strap for those wanting to go bad enough
Old 16th-January-2013, 12:02 AM   #13
Pete 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65chevy2see View Post
I won't be able to make the cruise. That's a long way to push a car. But I might go over to the pavillions later on. If I do i'll stop by and say hi. Always love to check out other Novas. Good inspiration.
It's only 37 miles one way from the QuikTrip that we meet at. It's not a long drive at all. The ONLY complaint on the last cruise was that guys wished it was longer. Last time there was a blown big block '55 gasser with 8 Stromberg carburetors that made the trip effortlessly, and a Chevy II with a carbureted LS1 and 4.11 gears that clipped along without any issues at 3,500 RPM all the way there and back.

Vegas is a long cruise. The cruise this weekend is child's play... and yes, I'm planning a Phoenix-to-Vegas round-trip weekend cruise in March for those that REALLY want to log some miles in their hot rods.
Old 16th-January-2013, 12:06 AM   #14
Pete 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinshadows View Post
Pete---- I'll be working this week-end (19th) and the next week-end (26th). Maybe I can catch up on the next trip---- hope all goes well for everyone

jim----
I'd like to plan a few more of these while the cruising weather is here, but I'd like to mix it up a little bit. There's a pretty awesome breakfast cafe out in Chandler that would make a good destination for us guys in the west and north valley... decent little cruise without being too long, and how can you go wrong with a bunch of hot rods and great food? I would also like to do one up to Sedona, and possibly Prescott or Payson. There is a big rockabilly hot rod event in Vegas in March, and am planning on coordinating an informal cruise out to that for those that are interested.
Old 16th-January-2013, 10:17 AM   #15
Rich74custom

Count me in for all. its about 100 miles from my house in San Tan to the quick trip. Still gonna be there. Cruised through wickenburg and up to jerome and back with azfbody. Great guys and great showing, although i was an outcast as a Nova.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement