Finally got the old heap running - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Regional Chevy II/Nova Enthusiasts > North Western US

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 3rd-January-2013, 12:53 AM   #1
DEL

Title: Nova Junior Member
Finally got the old heap running

About 5 years ago I bought a set of "double" beadlocks for my old beat up 67 Nova. The goal was to mini-tub it and spray the old small block that was in it.

Well...as they say its a slippery slope.

Thanks to my wife and family. They aren't into any of this stuff and its all they heard about from me for the past few years. They mostly tolerate it :-)

Thanks to Chris and Jordan Storlie of Storlie Brothers Racing a.k.a. JS Racecars. These guys did all the metal work, fabrication, welding, design, etc. They're artists and engineers. The car doesn't look good on the outside but the fitment of the pipe and components is perfection thanks to the Storlie boys. A lot of the parts came off of their bad *** black all steel 200 MPH 55 Chevy. There is nobody around here (Oregon) that does the kind of work they do. I'm lucky to have them 15 minutes away. (and they don't mind when we leave our beer cans all over the shop)

Thanks to my "crew" Brett Davis, Scott Davis, Ron Huegli and our leader for all the support and encouragement. In the video below thats Scott working the throttle.

Thanks to the AFP boys (Walter Grosse, Jeff Hryciw and Jeff Malar) for the examples you've provided over the years (even if they were Fords and Buicks)

Thanks to Scott James (aka video ninja) for the info and advice over the years. You've been there and done that with your 8 second street car.

Thanks to Darren Hall for the smoking deal on the beadlocks...after all that's what started it all :-)

A few words about the car: Its a twin turbo 540, Dart block and heads, Precision 7675 turbos, 160 injectors (thanks Brian Robards) its a Big Stuff 3 computer (Thanks Eric Eddy) its got a Turbo 400 (Thanks Bill Gee) and a Strange Fab9 with 3:50 gears. Its got 275's on it.

Its only legal for 8.50's and I hope to get there in 2013.

http://youtu.be/hwR6tFgLTcs

http://youtu.be/tQXuiePv9FI
http://youtu.be/Rjr262m1pME
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3rd-January-2013, 12:57 AM   #2
jimys72

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 72 Nova, 78 Elcamino
Man. Saweet. they did a nice job there.
Old 3rd-January-2013, 12:08 PM   #3
sbc1320

Nova(s): 1972 Nova -383
Great looking car and work, it's going to be a mean car.
Old 3rd-January-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
carcrazy615

Nova(s): 63ss convertible 64 4-doo
Great looking car. All you need now is a gas cap and you are ready to go.
Old 3rd-January-2013, 08:29 PM   #5
1969SS540

Nova(s): 1969 540 BB MARINA BLUE
Nice ride! !!!!
Old 3rd-January-2013, 08:45 PM   #6
d64nova

Nova(s): 67hrdtp 63 ss vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEL View Post
About 5 years ago I bought a set of "double" beadlocks for my old beat up 67 Nova. The goal was to mini-tub it and spray the old small block that was in it.

Well...as they say its a slippery slope.

Thanks to my wife and family. They aren't into any of this stuff and its all they heard about from me for the past few years. They mostly tolerate it :-)

Thanks to Chris and Jordan Storlie of Storlie Brothers Racing a.k.a. JS Racecars. These guys did all the metal work, fabrication, welding, design, etc. They're artists and engineers. The car doesn't look good on the outside but the fitment of the pipe and components is perfection thanks to the Storlie boys. A lot of the parts came off of their bad *** black all steel 200 MPH 55 Chevy. There is nobody around here (Oregon) that does the kind of work they do. I'm lucky to have them 15 minutes away. (and they don't mind when we leave our beer cans all over the shop)

Thanks to my "crew" Brett Davis, Scott Davis, Ron Huegli and our leader for all the support and encouragement. In the video below thats Scott working the throttle.

Thanks to the AFP boys (Walter Grosse, Jeff Hryciw and Jeff Malar) for the examples you've provided over the years (even if they were Fords and Buicks)

Thanks to Scott James (aka video ninja) for the info and advice over the years. You've been there and done that with your 8 second street car.

Thanks to Darren Hall for the smoking deal on the beadlocks...after all that's what started it all :-)

A few words about the car: Its a twin turbo 540, Dart block and heads, Precision 7675 turbos, 160 injectors (thanks Brian Robards) its a Big Stuff 3 computer (Thanks Eric Eddy) its got a Turbo 400 (Thanks Bill Gee) and a Strange Fab9 with 3:50 gears. Its got 275's on it.

Its only legal for 8.50's and I hope to get there in 2013.

http://youtu.be/hwR6tFgLTcs

http://youtu.be/tQXuiePv9FI
nice
Old 5th-January-2013, 01:15 AM   #7
DEL

Thanks for the comments. It seems like its taken an eternity to get here. After a few loose ends I plan on taking it for a little test drive tomorrow.
Old 6th-January-2013, 06:42 PM   #8
blueshoe

Nova(s): two 66 Nova's
Nice car indeed...interested if you have any other shots of the engine bay where the turbo's go into the headers. Doesnt matter how long it takes to complete because it tastes that much sweeter when you get to fire it up and move it! Sounds good!!!!!!!!!
Old 6th-January-2013, 09:23 PM   #9
Sleeper66

Nova(s): 1966 Chevy II, Stock rear
Congratulations on all your hard work! Its looking sweet, are you planning on running any of the PSCA races?
Old 6th-January-2013, 10:20 PM   #10
DEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshoe View Post
Nice car indeed...interested if you have any other shots of the engine bay where the turbo's go into the headers. Doesnt matter how long it takes to complete because it tastes that much sweeter when you get to fire it up and move it! Sounds good!!!!!!!!!
Thanks much, here are a couple shots:
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 6th-January-2013, 10:24 PM   #11
DEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper66 View Post
Congratulations on all your hard work! Its looking sweet, are you planning on running any of the PSCA races?
I don't plan to race it at any PSCA events this year. I've attended the SCSN event a bunch of times to watch my buddies race. I'd love to bring the car there and run it, who knows, maybe 2014.
Old 7th-January-2013, 10:09 AM   #12
Sleeper66

Nova(s): 1966 Chevy II, Stock rear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEL View Post
I don't plan to race it at any PSCA events this year. I've attended the SCSN event a bunch of times to watch my buddies race. I'd love to bring the car there and run it, who knows, maybe 2014.
I would love to see it in person, I go to all the SCSN races as well! I hope to have mine their this year but you know how that goes
Keep the pictures coming it's lookling good!
Old 13th-January-2013, 04:00 PM   #13
DEL

Another milestone today, took it for a test drive.

Open exhaust
No lights
No mirrors

Fortunately I live out in the sticks and there was also no traffic and no cops.

Nothing fell off the car or caught on fire so it was a successful 1.5 mile jaunt.

The engine seemed happier on the e85 but will still need a lot of tuning.

It feels really good after so much time and so much damn money.
Old 13th-January-2013, 05:17 PM   #14
Glenn

Nova(s): 1966 Chevy II Wagon
WOW! You've got a Animal-On-Your-Hands

Great job!
Old 13th-January-2013, 07:22 PM   #15
DEL

Yeah I haven't driven anything with any power for a few years. I was shaking for a while afterward
Sponsored Links
Advertisement