TRIM CLIPS, a challenge to the members. - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Non-Technical > 1st & 2nd Generation Chevy II/Nova's

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 24th-December-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
the FLYER

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): B Pillar of Society
Talking TRIM CLIPS, a challenge to the members.

i know this can be done... there are so many members here who are in the restoration/restification process that all of our year cars, '62-'67 can have the info needed to install the trim on our cars.

when someone removes their trim, can we document the trim for the different series and also the clips?

if quality images are POSTed i know that in time members can research the trim clippie companies and ID the clips with part numbers & qtys needed for re-installation. they can then POST their findings and again, in time, we all can have the complete trim ID and clippie ID/part numbers for our ChevyII's.

i believe i have an image of the '65 400series wagon side trim & clips but i'll have to try and see if it's saved somewhere after my last nuking episode..

i'm in need of all the trim clips for my '64 400 series Moordoor... i know others need info too. do you think us 1st/2nd genner officiandos can pull together and document this stuff?

Mods, could this be stickied for the possibility of collecting the info for future "Best of" saving?

Thanks all.
'64 411 377-Tko600-3:73's
'64 469, '63 435 (projects), & '63 469 (my driver)

Videos~Albums
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24th-December-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
L79Seeker

Title: Nova Senior Member
Nova(s): 65ss
To ADD to this another good thing would be "CORRECT TRIM REMOVAL PROCEDURES" with whatever books or advice anyone has as not everyone has access to the same material
so that hunting for trim clips or damaged trim that may or may not even be available like 65 SS, could be minimized. I know from several years of autobody prep and detail work as young guy. I learned there are so many different tools and tricks to remove so very many different types of trim all on one model of car. If you can see the trim clip and how it holds on to the car before removal less "zero" damage is possible.
When in doubt don't just YANK IT OFF

Last edited by L79Seeker; 24th-December-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 25th-December-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
hardav2

Title: Nova Junior Member
Nova(s): 63 4 door
Yes trim clips are a challenge Most it appears just eliminate them and I understand that but not everyone wants to do that When I got the 300 moredoor I was lucky and I believe had examples of all the clips I need in the trunk I believe I have sourced all the clips once I confirm that is the case I will update this thread with what I found with sources and part numbers
Old 30th-December-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
LowKat

Title: Nova Newbie
Nova(s): 62 wagon
A good source for trim fasteners. http://auveco.com/product/index.html

Here's there trim fastener catalog (PDF file)
http://auveco.com/download/catalog/auveco_catalog.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement