The new steering boxes are in stock and ready to order! - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Supporting Vendors > Classic Performance Products Inc.

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 13th-December-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
Jeff-CPP

Title: Supporting Vendor
The new steering boxes are in stock and ready to order!

Guys i am pleased to announce the new steering boxes are in stock and ready to ship for $399.00. I would like to take questions if you guys have them as i am sure you will. This is a very exciting day for the Nova Guys, finally a true bolt on power steering box that works with the stock front clips!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CP50005NV.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	24025  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13th-December-2012, 12:42 PM   #2
Walaby

Title: Nova Senior Member
Nova(s): 1963 Chevy II
OK.. I'll ask the first question (or 2).

So, in order to add PS to my stock 63 with stock front clip, I just need to buy this box to replace my current steering box and a power steering pump and I'd have PS? Stock column fits this as well?

I would have to hold off until after the new year, but this seems to be what I need at this point. I'd love to have an aftermarket clip, with rack and pinion, but the bucks just aren't there for that.

Thanks

Mike
Old 13th-December-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
Jeff-CPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
OK.. I'll ask the first question (or 2).

So, in order to add PS to my stock 63 with stock front clip, I just need to buy this box to replace my current steering box and a power steering pump and I'd have PS? Stock column fits this as well?

I would have to hold off until after the new year, but this seems to be what I need at this point. I'd love to have an aftermarket clip, with rack and pinion, but the bucks just aren't there for that.

Thanks

Mike
Mike yes in order to add power steering to your 63 with stock front clip you will need to buy this box aswell as a pump and hoses that we also carry. Yes with the box mounted there is plenty of room with out new mini ragjoints to use the stock column with this box. We spent the last couple years building this box and ithas a very sporty ratio and it fit super super nice. I will post some pics of it installed also.
Old 13th-December-2012, 02:51 PM   #4
65Nova-SoCal

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 65 SS Coupe
Will you be offering a package pricing (hoses / pump/etc) ? - say a kit for the IL6 and SBC??
Old 13th-December-2012, 03:04 PM   #5
Jeff-CPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Nova-SoCal View Post
Will you be offering a package pricing (hoses / pump/etc) ? - say a kit for the IL6 and SBC??
Great question and the answer is FOR SURE! We are in the midst of making centerlinks and wait till you guys see the new Heavy Duty Idler Arms! Great Stuff!
Old 13th-December-2012, 06:24 PM   #6
RickG95

Title: Nova Junior Member
Jeff:

I assume this would work with an aftermarket column (like ididit or flaming river)? I currently have the stock column, but have been thinking about switching over to the ididit tilt column, just wanted to see if there was any cutting.

Keep us posted on a full kit price (box, pump, hoses).

Rick
Old 13th-December-2012, 06:26 PM   #7
Jeff-CPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickG95 View Post
Jeff:

I assume this would work with an aftermarket column (like ididit or flaming river)? I currently have the stock column, but have been thinking about switching over to the ididit tilt column, just wanted to see if there was any cutting.

Keep us posted on a full kit price (box, pump, hoses).

Rick
Yes Rick it will work with the Ididit and Flaming River Columns also.
Old 13th-December-2012, 07:09 PM   #8
Wogs64SS

Nova(s): 1964 Nova SS
Any discounts for forum members?

NNN#9160
Old 13th-December-2012, 10:27 PM   #9
Jim383

Nova(s): I help with my nephew's63 sport coupe
63's have a one piece column/steering box how do you mate the original column to the splined shaft on the steering box? I was thinking to saw the column off and file/grind the end to a double D configuration or do you sell a new inner shaft for the column (like the borgeson set-up). Tell us more about the drag link!
Old 13th-December-2012, 11:10 PM   #10
TMack63nova

Nova(s): 1963 Chevy II / Nova Conv
This ia a really cool product for the 63 Nova!! But do we really need power steering? The car is light and handles / turns without any effort at all!! For those that need power steering I suggest doing some curls to build up your arms!!

Last edited by TMack63nova; 13th-December-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old 14th-December-2012, 10:23 AM   #11
Jeff-CPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMack63nova View Post
This ia a really cool product for the 63 Nova!! But do we really need power steering? The car is light and handles / turns without any effort at all!! For those that need power steering I suggest doing some curls to build up your arms!!

I suppose it would be the same as aking yourself if you need a wife, I personally don't want one but the next guy might! LOL Seriously it's all in a matter of opinion if you have arms like Arnold then you probably don't need power steering, i think you will be surprised how many people want power for there little Nova's.
Old 14th-December-2012, 10:24 AM   #12
Jeff-CPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim383 View Post
63's have a one piece column/steering box how do you mate the original column to the splined shaft on the steering box? I was thinking to saw the column off and file/grind the end to a double D configuration or do you sell a new inner shaft for the column (like the borgeson set-up). Tell us more about the drag link!
Yes it requires a coupler you are correct.
Old 14th-December-2012, 10:27 AM   #13
TMack63nova

Nova(s): 1963 Chevy II / Nova Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-CPP View Post
I suppose it would be the same as aking yourself if you need a wife, I personally don't want one but the next guy might! LOL Seriously it's all in a matter of opinion if you have arms like Arnold then you probably don't need power steering, i think you will be surprised how many people want power for there little Nova's.
I have asked myself that question for the last 21 years!! It seemed like a good idea at the time!!

Without power steering it keeps the wife and kids from wanting to drive my Nova!!

This was all in fun!! Maybe when I'm 60 I might be looking to add power steering!!

Old 14th-December-2012, 11:06 AM   #14
Jeff-CPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMack63nova View Post
I have asked myself that question for the last 21 years!! It seemed like a good idea at the time!!

Without power steering it keeps the wife and kids from wanting to drive my Nova!!

This was all in fun!! Maybe when I'm 60 I might be looking to add power steering!!

Haha Classic post my man!! I am still laughing!
Old 14th-December-2012, 01:04 PM   #15
Jeff-CPP

Guys let me put all my joking aside and tell you guys that its not just a "power steering box" this 400 series box is a compact box design direct bolt in that uses late model internals that essentially give you that rack and pinion feeling in a steering box and 13:5 to 1 sport ratio. We tinkered with the torsion bar in this box and built it to perfection! At the end of the day it is priced right and its NOTHING like anything that has ever been produced, it is not a rebuilt steering box that gives you ZERO CLEARENCE between the box and the firewall like other boxes i have seen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	006f.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	24028   Click image for larger version

Name:	021fixed.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	24031  

Last edited by Jeff-CPP; 14th-December-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement