Big Block Oil Pan - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Body, Chassis and Mechanical > Drivetrain & Performance

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 6th-November-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
1973Nova454

Title: Nova Junior Member
Nova(s): 1973, 1975
Big Block Oil Pan

I need some help. I am about to install a ZZ454 in a 1973 Nova, I have changed the motor mounts, but need some help with the oil pan. The motor comes with a "truck pan". I know it has to be changed. Any ideas, I,ve read Moroso, Canton, GMP, and Milodon. I need to hear from someone who has been there and done that. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 7th-November-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
Ignitrous

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 1973 Nova Custom
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1973Nova454 View Post
I need some help. I am about to install a ZZ454 in a 1973 Nova, I have changed the motor mounts, but need some help with the oil pan. The motor comes with a "truck pan". I know it has to be changed. Any ideas, I,ve read Moroso, Canton, GMP, and Milodon. I need to hear from someone who has been there and done that. Thanks
I have a Milodon pan on mine and it fits fine. Most of the aftermarket pans should work fine.
Old 7th-November-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
68ctnovabb

Title: Nova Senior Member
Nova(s): 1968 SS
When I put in my zz454 I used a summit street/strip pan and high volume oil pump and pickup. I was impressed with the quality of the pan (baffles, crank scrapers, and trap door) and have been happy overall with everything. They sold it all as a kit that included everything from the pan to the pump, pump driveshaft, new pick-up and all needed parts. It is a 7qt pan and fit great.

Hope that helps. Good luck and have fun
Old 12th-November-2012, 04:07 PM   #4
cstraub

Title: Nova Junior Member
B&B Has one that comes complete with windage tray, Scraper, baffles, and pickup. Will fit stock cross member.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement