67 ladder bar car wont hook up - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova
 
Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > General > Drag Racing Forum


StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th-September-2011, 02:44 PM   #1
just chevy

Title: Readers Club
iTrader: (15)
Status: Offline
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 900
Thumbs down 67 ladder bar car wont hook up

67 ladder bar car, new 30x 10.5 hoosier slicks went from the softest compound #5 to #7 still wont hook up, slicks still spend as if your still in the wet box, 1100hp nitrous, 3 hole adjustment n ladder bar cross member, moved bar all the way down still spins the tires but not as if u where n a water box, car runs 5.90 moved bar all the way up car runs 6.06 still spins both runs where after taking timing out, so put the power back n the car, an car is up on the whellie bars and spining like its on ice with ladder bar all the way up. single adjustable strange shocks set at 5 clicks clockwise, car ways 2953LB with driver with 52% of weight of on nose.

Last edited by just chevy; 24th-September-2011 at 05:12 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 24th-September-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
bowtie0069
 
bowtie0069's Avatar

Title: Nova Guru
iTrader: (0)
Status: Offline
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: So. Cal.
Nova(s): 69
Posts: 10,082
Not sure how to help with a ladder bar car, but I think your missing a couple hundred horsepower somewhere. 5.90-6.00 needs a lot less than 1100 h.p.
My old 500+? h.p. 406 ran 6.12 using a 200 shot on a 9" street tire at about 3200 lbs.
What kind of MPH are you running?
__________________
69 Nova 410" small block-Driven to track
6.39 E.T./105 MPH--6.11/112.89 w/N2O
bowtie0069.fotki.com/
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th-September-2011, 07:04 PM   #3
sbc1320
 
sbc1320's Avatar

Title: Nova Guru
iTrader: (0)
Status: Offline
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Houston,Texas
Nova(s): 1972 Nova -383
Posts: 10,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtie0069 View Post
Not sure how to help with a ladder bar car, but I think your missing a couple hundred horsepower somewhere. 5.90-6.00 needs a lot less than 1100 h.p.
My old 500+? h.p. 406 ran 6.12 using a 200 shot on a 9" street tire at about 3200 lbs.
What kind of MPH are you running?
I agree, my buddy ran some 5.80 -590's with a 408 sbc plus a 250 shot. I figure he was around 800 hp with the spray. I think his ride weighed in at 2700 lbs. maybe more.
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th-September-2011, 07:46 PM   #4
just chevy

Title: Readers Club
iTrader: (15)
Status: Offline
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 900
hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtie0069 View Post
Not sure how to help with a ladder bar car, but I think your missing a couple hundred horsepower somewhere. 5.90-6.00 needs a lot less than 1100 h.p.
My old 500+? h.p. 406 ran 6.12 using a 200 shot on a 9" street tire at about 3200 lbs.
What kind of MPH are you running?
let me guess, u dident dident spin the tires the 1st 50 ft
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th-September-2011, 08:00 PM   #5
hot66
 
hot66's Avatar

Title: Nova Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
Status: Offline
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Waco, TX
Posts: 279
What kind of front end?
Are you getting enough travel to get good weight transfer?
Maybe you should have someone shoot a video to get a better idea.

Just thinkin' out loud....

Jeff
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th-September-2011, 08:00 PM   #6
just chevy

Title: Readers Club
iTrader: (15)
Status: Offline
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 900
spin

john force spun his tires an ran a 12.31 a while back, he makes over 8000hp

Last edited by Professor Fate; 24th-September-2011 at 10:30 PM. Reason: removed unneeded comment
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th-September-2011, 08:14 PM   #7
just chevy

Title: Readers Club
iTrader: (15)
Status: Offline
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 900
spun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot66 View Post
What kind of front end?
Are you getting enough travel to get good weight transfer?
Maybe you should have someone shoot a video to get a better idea.

Just thinkin' out loud....

Jeff
stock front end with coil overs an rack an pinoin, yea a video might help, im thinking about going to a softer rear spring to help transfer weight,i was told on the last pass it lifted the rear when it hit the whillie bars so thinking about shorting the top bars on whillie bars so i can raise them more they where raised up all the way on last pass
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th-September-2011, 08:18 PM   #8
66 BADBOY
 
66 BADBOY's Avatar

Title: Moderator
iTrader: (21)
Status: Offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Port Huron, MI
Nova(s): 5 all in 1
Posts: 4,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by just chevy View Post
john force spun his tires an ran a 12.31 a while back, he makes over 8000hp
What color is the car? That might help us help you.
__________________
SHE'S ALIVE!!!

Last edited by Professor Fate; 24th-September-2011 at 10:31 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th-September-2011, 09:55 PM   #9
just chevy

Title: Readers Club
iTrader: (15)
Status: Offline
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 900
spun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66 BADBOY View Post
What color is the car? That might help us help you.
if u no what color it should be let us no.

Last edited by just chevy; 24th-September-2011 at 10:32 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th-September-2011, 10:13 PM   #10
bowtie0069
 
bowtie0069's Avatar

Title: Nova Guru
iTrader: (0)
Status: Offline
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: So. Cal.
Nova(s): 69
Posts: 10,082
Quote:
let me guess, u dident dident spin the tires the 1st 50 ft
No, mid 1.3 60's with slapper bars and E.T. Street's--it used to get loose down track and slowed to 9.80's, but that was a pretty tired engine after a couple Power Tours.
So, what was the MPH?
__________________
69 Nova 410" small block-Driven to track
6.39 E.T./105 MPH--6.11/112.89 w/N2O
bowtie0069.fotki.com/
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th-September-2011, 10:25 PM   #11
just chevy

Title: Readers Club
iTrader: (15)
Status: Offline
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 900
spun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtie0069 View Post
No, mid 1.3 60's with slapper bars and E.T. Street's--it used to get loose down track and slowed to 9.80's, but that was a pretty tired engine after a couple Power Tours.
So, what was the MPH?
we arent even instrested n the mph until we can get the car to hook up an not spin should be run n 20s an 30s

Last edited by just chevy; 24th-September-2011 at 10:30 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th-September-2011, 11:10 PM   #12
jer66nova
 
jer66nova's Avatar

Title: Nova Guru
iTrader: (4)
Status: Offline
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Orleans La.
Nova(s): '75 nova best1/4 mile 13.
Posts: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by just chevy View Post
67 ladder bar car, new 30x 10.5 hoosier slicks went from the softest compound #5 to #7 still wont hook up, slicks still spend as if your still in the wet box, 1100hp nitrous, 3 hole adjustment n ladder bar cross member, moved bar all the way down still spins the tires but not as if u where n a water box, car runs 5.90 moved bar all the way up car runs 6.06 still spins both runs where after taking timing out, so put the power back n the car, an car is up on the whellie bars and spining like its on ice with ladder bar all the way up. single adjustable strange shocks set at 5 clicks clockwise, car ways 2953LB with driver with 52% of weight of on nose.
hey Larry,tire pressure? you sprayin on the launch? 60 foot? try getting it to hook off the nitrous and adjust suspension little at a time to get best hook how hot you getting the slicks are they radials or regular slicks, I f you plan on sprayin all that juice de tuning the car to make it hook defeats using the spray ...right?? just my 2.... hope you get it figured out. Jerry
__________________
66 chevy IIsedan
PROSTREET FRATERNITY MEMBER
http://s156.photobucket.com/home/jer66nova/index
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th-September-2011, 11:15 PM   #13
TuBaDuB
 
TuBaDuB's Avatar

Title: Nova Guru
iTrader: (3)
Status: Offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Marin Ca,
Nova(s): 1972 Pro Street Nova/383/
Posts: 911
Are you running screws or beadlocks? That would be the first place I'd look to make sure your tires are not slipping on the rims.
And try a different pressure in your tires. Track prep could be lousy to.
  Reply With Quote
Old 24th-September-2011, 11:37 PM   #14
just chevy

Title: Readers Club
iTrader: (15)
Status: Offline
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 900
spun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuBaDuB View Post
Are you running screws or beadlocks? That would be the first place I'd look to make sure your tires are not slipping on the rims.
And try a different pressure in your tires. Track prep could be lousy to.
running screws, 9lb tire pressure, all the pro mods where hooking up, ran this same motor tranny an converter n my vega with same tire size never had any problems hook n up, so the nova is longer wheel base so i supect its a weight tranfer issue
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th-September-2011, 06:58 AM   #15
bracketchev1221
 
bracketchev1221's Avatar

Title: Nova Guru
iTrader: (0)
Status: Offline
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Nova(s): 70 SS 350
Posts: 1,577
I'll be honest here. I have a ladder bar car, but you are so far out of my league that I wouldn't even make a guess without reading up on this one. My car is an 850-875 hp 16X32 tire car. My bars are 5 degrees down at rest. The car weighs 3160 with me in it and I use 130 lbs springs in the rear.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TKO VSS hook up David&Melissa_h LSx Forum 14 6th-July-2011 05:40 PM
Ladder bar ? TuBaDuB Drag Racing Forum 18 7th-March-2009 06:50 PM
Ladder Bar Set-up TooManyReels Steering, Suspension, and Chassis 1 23rd-September-2008 09:36 PM
63 ladder bar car?? 63chevyII Drag Racing Forum 0 30th-July-2007 12:25 PM
My 72 Won't Hook Up - Why? leejoy Drag Racing Forum 32 21st-July-2007 10:41 PM


Site best viewed set to 1024 x 768.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:16 AM.

Custom Designed for Steve's Nova Site by: vBSkinworks

 
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Lt

Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.