Weber carb on 250 chey engine - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Body, Chassis and Mechanical > Drivetrain & Performance

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 19th-March-2011, 03:26 AM   #1
eddievisser

Title: Nova Newbie
Weber carb on 250 chey engine

Hi
One of the best engine conversions is a Chevy 250 into a Land Rover Series. I decide to install a Weber 38/38 carb. “Same setup as the 6=8 from Clifford Performance.” However I do not get the jetting right. The engine idles and accelerates rough. Spark plugs burns dry black color. Sign of richness in fuel. This is a newly build engine. I have done all the leak testing. New plugs, cords and electronic timing. Please, if anyone is running the Weber 38 successfully on the 250 Chevy send me the jet sizes and timing degree you are running.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21st-March-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
62conv

Title: Nova Junior Member
Nova(s): 1962 Nova Convertible
Interesting. I am just starting a Weber 32/36 conversion myself. I was told that a 38/38 would be too big for my 250 since it only has a mild "street" cam. I have also heard that it is common for these rebuilt carbs to come with the primary jet in the secondary location and secondary jet in the primary location. The two places that I have found to be helpful are StoveBoltEngineCo.com and PierceManifolds.com. Keep us posted on what you find out.
Old 21st-March-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
sandfreek

Title: Nova Junior Member
Nova(s): 65 Chevy II
I did the 32/36 e-bay set-up a few months back and it works well...Be prepared to do some tweeking on the linkage...Not sure about the 38/38 carb but the 32/36 is on the rich side on my 194...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
chevy 250, weber