Chevy Nova Forum banner

Help to identify these calipers ?

18K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Chevy Kid 
#1 ·
I want to replace these calipers and brakes. They look like standard GM parts but what year and make would they be from? I know the guys at the parts stores can't find them unless I give them the car they go to. Thanks for the help.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
years back when i worked the counter at a Part Store it wasn't all that uncommon i'd have to identify a caliper, wheel cylinder or master cylinder. the casting numbers are identifiable but of course the catalog is needed :(

if you're in a part store where one look at that caliper doesn't identify it as a GM caliper, you're in the wrong store :yes: most good, full-service auto part stores should be able to identify that caliper by the casting number.

stop in at a CarQuest or a NAPA store and just tell 'em ya have a ChevyII that was converted to discs (OEM style) and the calipers need identifying by the casting numbers and ANY hotshot counterman will jump on the challenge to ID (it's actually an easy job ;) )

good luck ;)

the pad is either a D52 std full size caliper or a D154 which is a "Metric" caliper (say off a '78 Malibu ;)

#9 ·
I think most of the rebuilds are done by Cardone & put in each stores boxes (they look the same & sometimes have the same ink stamps).
We buy most of our parts from Napa but I think O'reily's had the best price last time I bought calipers (I tell them they're for a 70 Nova).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.