Black Cherry Candy Apple Paint .... - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Body, Chassis and Mechanical > Body and Interior

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 13th-September-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
waynegretzky

Title: Nova Newbie
Nova(s): 66 ss
Black Cherry Candy Apple Paint ....

Black Cherry Candy Apple Paint is the colour and texture Im thinking of doing the 66 , and wondered who makes the best paint products to use ... I want show quality paint but would like a long lasting durable product ... Any recommendations would be more than helpful ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13th-September-2010, 09:13 PM   #2
ovrdrive

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 1971 V-8 A/C car
Dupont BC/CC or the Dupont lesser named product line, Mason. Same paint code but cheaper price. Black cherry bc/cc was my 1st color option for my 66.
Old 13th-September-2010, 09:50 PM   #3
TechNova

Title: Moderator
Nova(s): 73, (2) 69's
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegretzky View Post
Black Cherry Candy Apple Paint is the colour and texture Im thinking of doing the 66 , and wondered who makes the best paint products to use ... I want show quality paint but would like a long lasting durable product ... Any recommendations would be more than helpful ...
Any of the top of the line BC/CC systems from the ,major paint manufacturers will work great. PPG, DuPont, BASF, Sherwin Williams etc.

Typically show quality paint jobs are without texture, which texture have you choosen?
Old 13th-September-2010, 10:20 PM   #4
L79_Acadian

Title: Nova Junior Member
Nova(s): Nova and Acadian are gone
true Black Cherry is a black base, covered with "cosmic clear, then the candy Brandy wine, and last is another gallon of clear. I had a truck painted with House of Colours paint in about 1986. thts howwe did the Black Cherry paint, and it still looks good today, I seen the truck at an auction a while ago.
Roger
Old 14th-September-2010, 07:06 AM   #5
waynegretzky

Title: Nova Newbie
Nova(s): 66 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechNova View Post
Any of the top of the line BC/CC systems from the ,major paint manufacturers will work great. PPG, DuPont, BASF, Sherwin Williams etc.

Typically show quality paint jobs are without texture, which texture have you choosen?
By texture I mean pearl or candy , metalflake ... camillion ... etc
Old 14th-September-2010, 08:24 AM   #6
Stroker

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): '66/'67 ss clone
Get paint chips from as many supplies as you can and compare them side by side OUTSIDE in the sun and shade ect. Thats what I did and I went with House of Kolor for my bike. That was 10 years ago though and I think PPG and others may have steped up to the plate a bit since then.
Old 14th-September-2010, 09:43 AM   #7
dreamer62

Title: Nova Junior Member
Nova(s): 63 SS
I've recently had a few cars done with TCP Global's Kustom Shop line of BC/CC line of Kandies and Pearls. Pretty simple to seal, color and clear. The stuff works great and is about the third of cost of House of Color. I have restoring and old show car that was custom colored in the mid 80's and the original builder was floored when he found that the vibrate color on the car was a base coat Pearl and a 4 step custom color that he had on the car. He thou it was least a 3 step Kandy color and I only paid about $700 for all the materials to paint the out inside, under hood, under trunk, and the entire frame of a full size car. I priced House of Kolor at the same time and couldn't even buy the color system for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement