1974 soa nova hatch back - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Non-Technical > 3rd Generation Chevy II/Nova's

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 22nd-March-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
andy_s273

Title: Nova Junior Member
Nova(s): 1974 Spirit of America
1974 soa nova hatch back

well hey guys im new to the forums. and i just happen top get a spirit of america nova. now i didnt think it was all that of a big deal or anything until i did some reaserch and found out how rare they were. now my problem now is whether or not i want to restore it to the original soa paint and interior... is it worth it guys? i mean im not one to do shows and stuff but i do want the car to look nice and have to drive and love lol. when i bought it it came with newly leathered white bucket seats. so since i already have them and so did the original i might as well keep them... but the main thing is i dont like the colors the the soa had and the vinyl top. but i want to have the decals on it....you guys have any other cool paint job ideas that will still scream out SOA???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24th-March-2009, 10:04 PM   #2
Custom Jim

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 1968,1973,1974,1977(Sold)
Welcome on being new to the forums.

As far as restoring or modifying a car it's up to the individual. Some may say restore it while some may say customize it. Some cars may have been taken care of through the years while other have not and if the person has a big enough wallet just about anything can be done.
Limited production cars may or may not have special items on them and sometimes finding good used replacements can be very hard. I bought a second SOA a while back strictly for the interior. The outside was too far gone to restore without a lot of time and money so I opted to get parts off of it for the other one I have.
Since the 73 and 74 Nova's share a lot of parts that can interchange you could broaden your search to these two years. Some parts also interchange from the 68-72 models. There are some parts that were only found on the 74 models.
I've always been from the school of driving cars and not having them be trailer queens. When I get my SOA done it may get hauled around just a little since it will be fresh but later it will be driven.
As far as different colors get someone that is good with some paint programs out there or get someone to do an artist rendering to get a better idea as to how it will look once the paint gets applied. Doing a color change includes doing all of the jambs and hard to see area's with a lot of disassembly of the car to achieve good results.

Good luck on whatever you choose to do.

Jim
Old 25th-March-2009, 01:51 AM   #3
7T4-SOA

Title: Nova Junior Member
Nova(s): 1974 Spirit of America
Welcome to the site. I also have a SOA. I restored mine back to the original factory car with the numbers matching engine and tranny. I like the looks of the SOA, so I stuck with it. It was hard finding alot of the parts for it, but I did succeed though. I do have extra SOA parts if you need, just let me know. PM me and we'll work out something. Post pics of your SOA. Again, welcome to the site and congrats on getting yourself a SOA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement