4th Generations Pictures and Story - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Non-Technical > 4th Generation Nova's

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 16th-December-2004, 01:50 AM   #1
1977Chad350

Title: Moderator
Nova(s): 1977 Nova 1978 Nova
4th Generations Pictures and Story

Hey everyone,

I would love to see and here about all yalls 4th generation projects. This includes Projects, Race cars/Drag cars, Finished Cars, any 4th generation pictures or storys are welcome. Im sure the rest of the members would love to read stories and/or see pictures of your car.

Thanks,
Chad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19th-December-2004, 01:16 PM   #2
Nova76

Title: Nova Junior Member
76 Nova Concours

This is a great idea for the 4th generation's to show off their cars. Well, I guess I'll start things out.

I factory ordered my Nova Concours in April 76, a 18 year old so excited that I drove past the dealership every day, checking to see if my Nova had arrived. When the big day came , there was a little problem.The driver's door had a bullet hole in it! Apparently when it was being transported on a rail car, somebody was shooting at the passing train cars and hit my Nova. The bullet hit the side beam inside the door skin and did not go all the way through, so the only damage was to the outer skin. The dealership asked if I wanted to re-order or to have the hole repaired. I had it fixed and still have the Nova today. Some unique features of my Nova :
- Nova Concours 2 door coupe
( less than 7 % of Nova's produced were Concours)
- Cabriolet roof
( less than 5% had Cabriolet roofs)
- Factory buckets
- Factory console + guages
( less than 1% had console guages)
- posi-trac, 2.73 gear ratio

Seeing as Concours was a "luxury" Nova, most cars were produced with a bench seat and column shifter.

Here's a link to some pictures of my Nova
http://rides.webshots.com/album/234721307EcJIGf

Don

Last edited by Nova76; 16th-June-2011 at 11:57 PM. Reason: wrong link
Old 20th-December-2004, 01:07 PM   #3
Nova76

Stovebolt
I re-posted a link to web-shots for my pic's. Let me know if if it is accessable now.
Don
Old 20th-December-2004, 03:53 PM   #4
DANNO

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 72 Sedan
It probably will if you link the community version. You currently have your private one.

Dan (waiting to see your car)
Old 20th-December-2004, 10:39 PM   #5
Ray_McAvoy

Nova(s): 1974 & 1977
Here are some pics of my 77 --> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ray_mc...lbum?.dir=7124

After I finished the restoration of my 74 Nova, I started looking around for another Nova that would be suitable for a daily driver. My searching turned up quite a few rust buckets as well as a few high $$ completed restorations. Then I heard about this 77 that was for sale. I actually found out about it right here on Steve's site (back when it used to be the old style format). It was right here in Maine (only a few hours away) so I went to take a look at it one weekend. While I was there I also got to see the seller's 72 Nova SS restoration project.

Anyway, the 77 turned out to be pretty solid (and 3 parts cars were included with the deal) so I decided to buy it. That was a little over 4 years ago and I've been using it as a daily driver (except in the winter) while slowly working away at fixing it up. So far I've done the following:

-rebuilt the engine (original 305).
-put in a rebuilt TH350 (car originally had a metric 200).
-rebuilt the front suspension.
-replaced the rearend (old one had some bearings starting to go bad and make noise).
-repaired the rusty trunk floor (welded in a patch panel cut from one of the parts cars).
-stripped the old paint off and primed the front fenders, hood, and doors.
-swapped the warning light instrument cluster for a gauge cluster I bought off eBay.
-had the seats re-upholstered.

It was originally silver with firethorn interior (same color combo as Don's 76). I plan on putting it back to its original silver color when I get around to painting it.
Old 21st-December-2004, 01:53 AM   #6
Nova76

Ray,Stovebolt, great looking cars.
It's nice to see pic's of 4th generations. I hope we can get more members cars posted so more people will see what we see in these cars. This was the last of the Nova's, lets keep them alive.
Don
Old 21st-December-2004, 09:33 AM   #7
Nova9C1

Title: Nova Newbie
Nova(s): 1978 9C1
78 9c1

http://public.fotki.com/9C1Nova/nova_9c1/

Here is a link to photos of my Nova. It is an original 9C1, originally purchased new in July 1978 by Los Angeles County. The Nova's first assignment was to the District Attorneys Office, and was equipped with a red light, siren, radio, and shotgun rack. This was an undercover car, and never a marked patrol vehicle. Originally the Nova was light metallic blue, and after it's tour was completed with the D.A., it was taken in as a County pool car, repainted white, and eventually assigned to the County Library Department, where it remained in service for over 20 years! Finally, the county bean counters caught up with it and decided it was time to send the Nova to auction where I bought it. From information by my L.A. County sources, I am fairly positive it is the last known 9C1 Nova Los Angeles County owned! After I bought the Nova at auction for well under $1000, I had the rear axles replaced, tuned it up and drove home to Maine from L.A. with no problems except for having to replace a tired old battery and some wipers. The Nova will be restored to as it was when in service with the D.A.'s Office.
Old 21st-December-2004, 10:12 AM   #8
Nova9C1

78 9c1

http://public.fotki.com/9C1Nova/78_nova_9c1/

Try this link....sorry...

Kyle....
Old 21st-December-2004, 10:34 AM   #9
Nova76

Hi Kyle
Your 2nd link is not working also.
Don
Old 21st-December-2004, 10:38 AM   #10
Nova9C1

78 9c1

Yep, it sure is not working... Well let's try this link, and if that does not work, I don't know what to do!

http://public.fotki.com/9C1Nova/
Old 21st-December-2004, 11:02 AM   #11
Zoom

I'd like to post pitcures of my 76, but I have to borrow my brothers digital camera. Then I have to borrow someones web host.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/782333
Old 21st-December-2004, 12:23 PM   #12
Nova76

Kyle
That's great that you are going to restore your Nova. I like that they left the spotlight still on your car. All you need now is the red light for the top. I don't imagine there are many 9C1's left anymore.
Don
Old 21st-December-2004, 12:46 PM   #13
69gofast

I don't own one anymore, but just to say it was my first ever car. A bright yellow 76 with a 305. Loved that car. Put some big ol' 50's on the rear, a new 4 bl carb and a floor shifter and a fm radio with big house speakers in the back seat........................LOL gotta love the high school days.
Old 6th-January-2005, 03:29 PM   #14
1977Chad350

Title: Moderator
Nova(s): 1977 Nova 1978 Nova
My Project 4th Genration
Old 13th-January-2005, 11:04 PM   #15
Rahzelo_hx

Title: Guest
How i got my 75 SS Nova, well it was xmas eve ever one was sleeping except my Mom and Step-Dad. They woke us up at 5:30 am to do xmas i was like wow .... well they pulled back the blinds and there it sat with all its glory I was shocked and stunded.

This car was oringanly my moms before it was mine but she bought it from a guy. He had just blown up the engien so it was no use to him at the time she had another nova not a ss but a nova she traded her nova for his and he gave her some cash. Well he never paid the rest of the cash so now she had both cars ^_^!!!! The motor in my car came from a old chevy that was a race car used in the raceing style called "bump to pass" (you have to hit some one atleast once around the track ever lap) So i don't have the oringal motor but this thing is well SWEET ^_^

~Fin (The End)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement