Moving Leaf spring mounts - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Body, Chassis and Mechanical > Steering, Suspension, and Chassis

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 15th-September-2008, 06:22 PM   #1
justsomeguy

Title: Nova Guru
Moving Leaf spring mounts

Has anybody moved the front and rear leaf spring mounts inward to make room for a wider tire on a 67.
Could you do this, narrow the rearend, and widen the inner wheel well?
Next question, would I want to?
I have a 67 that is rusted out badly. It was a freebie and if I want to do somethig with it I will have to replace the back 12" of the rear frame rails, trunk floor and body shell floor along with almost everything else.
I could alway back half it but I have already done that to one of my third gen. Novas and would like to do something different. I hate doing the same thing twice if there are other options.
I tried to post some pics but nothig happened, Give me some pointers on posting pics and I will show you the RRRRUUUUSSSSTTTT.
Thanks

Last edited by justsomeguy; 16th-September-2008 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Clarification
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15th-September-2008, 10:02 PM   #2
deuces2

Nova(s): Dozen +,1st and 2nd gen
You can move the leaf springs inboard,the ezest way is with the frame connectors move the front mount over one leaf spring width and Jegs and Summit makes a bracket to move the rear leaf inboard the spring width....you will gain room for a little wider tire butt the gas-tank or the stock wheel tubs will just not fit a very wide tire
Old 16th-September-2008, 09:04 PM   #3
justsomeguy

If I were to widen the wheel wells and narrow the fuel tank and rearend, How close together can you put leaf springs and have them still do there job correctly.
Old 16th-September-2008, 11:37 PM   #4
EVILS 65

Nova(s): 1965, 385, th400, 4.10
if you get the competition engineering weld in sub-frame connectors and their frame rails you can move them in 8" per side. stock gas tank wont fit.

6.432@105 w100 shot N2O/ on pump gas
www.candjengineering.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement