Chevy Nova Forum banner

Harwood fuel cell question

8K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  6911427NOVA 
#1 ·
I've got a harwood fuel cell in the nova that was in there when I got the car. I believe its about a 10 gallon cell. I've had this recurring problem where my gas seems to dissapear faster than I know where its goin. Then while driving the pushwater seems to stop flowing and for some reason the car wont go anymore:rolleyes:. I'm trying to find a sending unit and gauge setup that I can use in the tank. I can't even seem to find anyone who sell harwood cells anymore. I just need help figuring out which sending unit I need. I'm not too sure about the ohms situation and which unit I need. Thanx guys.

#2 ·
There are generally only a couple different ohm ranges, from what I remember, one is for most all GM products, and can't remember the other. You need whatever matches your stock gas gauge or aftermarket gauge. The sending unit is usually just a tube with a variable resistor with a float on it that moves up and down the tube. That's what drives the gauge. You may be better off buying a cell with a sending unit already in it that trying to adapt something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.