Chevy Nova Forum banner

3rd & 4th Genner LS pan kit

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Slow Nova 
#1 ·
i don't know if this has been previously posted...

the depth of the front of this pan is about 1" deeper than the F body pan. saw it at a guys shop when Dave bought his LS engine. unfortunately it's "just" a tad too deep to fit a Heidt's clipped '67, it'll hit the rack but it might very well fit a 3rd or 4th Genner.

the guy was selling it for $200.00 but i found it here for $135.00. it seems to be a pretty good price... maybe, i dunno... all you guys doin' the conversion might wish to check it out. maybe it's a good deal, maybe it'll fit. :thumbsup:

hope it helps,

JR

#7 ·
seems to be about 1" deeper in front though... would you agree?

so it's a matter of ground clearance for sump depth, cross member clearance for the front... yes?

again, unsure if it was a known pan and if it was/is an option. ;)

excellent link on the pans, Thanks ;)

#8 ·
Yes it's deeper at the front as well as the sump. The F body pan is the shallowest up front, it's so shallow it requires a different windage tray that only covers the rear 4 main caps. As far as I know all the other stock pans cover all 5.

The Fbody pan clears the CBR rack clamps by about 1/4" at the front and on my car (aprox. 1" lower than stock) the rear sump clears the ground by about 5".

Hope that helps :)

#9 ·
the dimension from the pan rail to bottom of front sump may assist 3rd & 4th genner owners in determining if this pan is an option for them... as you stated and what Dave found out... this pan won't fit a 1st/2nd genner. ;)

thanks for the input, enjoy the weekend ;)

JR

#10 ·
I also bought this pan to do my swap, the front of the sump sits on the crossmember. You would have to raise the engine for the pan to clear the crossmember. If your car is lowered, forget about it, hangs way too low. The CTS-V pan clears the crossmember and is about an inch shorter than the muscle car pan, and much cheaper than the F-Body pan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.