Chevy Nova Forum banner

4 speed to 5 speed conversion

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  taz3 
#1 ·
Hello:
I am contemplating changing my M22 over to a Richmond 5 speed od in my 1966 Chevy II. Has anyone ever done this conversion? And does anyone make a transmission crossmember or am I going to have to cut up my existing crossmember for the new 5 speed? I've thought about the TKO 5 speed set up but some of the members have mentioned a problem about shifting once it's all installed.

Anyones thoughts would be welcome.
Gerald

#2 ·
I put a Richmond 5 speed in my 68 El Camino and it was a tight fit in there! I would think that you would need to do some significant tunnel work to get that in a 1st/2nd Gen Nova but it would be a great tranny. That being said, I sometimes wish I would have gone with the Tremec and had the overdrive with the low first.

#4 ·
Your other option is OD Muncie.We have a member here who has one in a Acadian and he says he loves it.I think they're about $2500.Good news is they bolt right in with no mods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.