Mileage: 67900 (looks to be correct)

Engine: 194 straight 6

Body/Exterior: gray primer

Front End: stock

Transmission: powerglide

Rear End: stock 3:08 I think

Exhaust: single

Wheels/Tires: 17x8 & 20x8 American Racings

Interior: stock door panels, seats recovered cloth, matching headliner, all guages work!!

Electrical: stock

Accessories/Options: blown headgasket

Sound system: 3 speakers and a cd player

Additional Comments: Was hoping Tuckin20's would give me his car but I couldn't wait any longer! Just got the car yesterday. Underneath is mint. Only found minor rust on pass side rear fender and one headlight bucket. The rest is as it was in 1962. Drives, stops, handles, rides great. Has a blown headgasket in the straight 6. Hoping to fix that and drive it like it is. Planning on fixing minor items like weatherstripping and some wiring and put some seatbelts in it. Probably going to lose the 17/20 wheel combo for a 15" or 15/17 combo with some skinnies up front. Later will do a paint job when funds permit.

See less See more
#124 ·
Got some peel and stick rubber membrane that I put down hoping it would help with noise. For insulation I tried the cheap Home Depot peel and seal stuff. Can't wait to drive it and see how that works as well as seeing how much nicer my buckets feel compared to the stock bench seat.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#127 ·
I'm 6' tall. They are electric. They went in pretty easy. Had to make some spacers for the passenger seat since it sits real low. Had to raise the drivers side as high as it would go to feel comfortable. All the way down felt like I was sitting on the floor. Headroom is excellent. The rear seat top is about 2-3" taller than the rear package tray. Not noticeable from inside. Looking in through rear window they look fine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#130 ·
Niiiiice.

From one sedan man to another I love your build & your interior is shaping up quite beautifully. I myself am copying your dad and putting in a Acura interior right now. I'm a step behind you. Do those seats have heat? If so, did you hook it up? I'm thinking I might want to use the heat on mine and am not sure if it's okay to just run a toggle in line to give that circuit a full 12 volts. I can see a thermostat in the wiring diagram to regulate it so you don't cook yourself, but curious what you or others have done.

Thanks,

Tom

#131 ·
From one sedan man to another I love your build & your interior is shaping up quite beautifully. I myself am copying your dad and putting in a Acura interior right now. I'm a step behind you. Do those seats have heat? If so, did you hook it up? I'm thinking I might want to use the heat on mine and am not sure if it's okay to just run a toggle in line to give that circuit a full 12 volts. I can see a thermostat in the wiring diagram to regulate it so you don't cook yourself, but curious what you or others have done.

Thanks,

Tom
Neither of us have our seat heaters hooked up.I have a friend that owns an upholstery shop and he told me to just hook a hot wire with a switch to the heater wire. It would work like an electric blanket and the thermostat would keep them from over heating.I was told to run all of the black wires in the seat harness to one common wire and ground it.That way all of the functions of the seat that I wanted to use would be grounded and work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.