Chevy Nova Forum banner

What is an Idle Stop Solenoid?

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  balljoint 
#1 ·
I am completely redoing my wire harness. Have a few spots on the fuse block with wires going to things I don't know.

Idle stop solenoid: ?
Spark Solenoid: ?
TCS Relay: ?

If I'm not going to anything, I might as well leave the wire and terminal omitted, right? I plan to seal up the harness end caps with some silicone or weatherstrip adhesive when I'm done to close up any openings.

I am running HEI, one hot from fuse block to cap
Purple wire to starter solenoid, also a hot wire from bat to starter. Have one more terminal to figure out on the solenoid along with where my amp gauge wires go. (I'll do a search).

Thanks

#5 ·
Thanks. Also deleting my oil pressure sender line, temp sender and a couple others.

I seem to have a lot of extra holes in my bulkhead connections. Well, at least the firewall run. The front headlight section is good to go. Think I'll post a pic so you guys can see what you see.

I am very happy I decided to pull all the connections out of the plastic housing, clean it all up and rewire it cleanly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.