Chevy Nova Forum banner

72purple383 - New To Me - 1972 - 2 Door

11K views 36 replies 21 participants last post by  72purple383 
#1 · (Edited)
I posted a few details over in the new members section, thought I might give more specifics here.

This is a first for me, never owned a Nova before! Always admired their classy lines, but till now it's just been a dream. I bought it on Sept. 8th from a small mom/pop car lot over in east Tennessee. Was going out there on vacation anyway, so I just took my truck and trailer instead of the wifeys van. :no: :yes: :D

The detals below are a combination of what I was told by the car dealer and what I have been able to see, put together and figure out.

I think I'm going to REALLY enjoy this car!!!

1972, non a/c car. Deep Purple metallic with Black stripes, 4” Cowl Induction Hood. Paint is a 6 - 7 on a 10 scale. It looks really good from about 10 feet, has quite a few flaws up close. But thats ok, I was looking for a driver, couldn't afford a show car even if I had wanted one....I'm happy with it!

Vin Decoded - 27 code (2 door sedan), F code (307) engine, Digit 6 is a 2 (1972 model)
W code assembly (Willow Run, MI plant)

Balanced 383 (according to previous owner)

Pro Comp Aluminum heads with 1.6 roller rockers

.544 lift hydraulic roller cam (based on measured pushrod lift x 1.6)

Edellbrock 600 replaced with Holley 750 (10/4/2011)

Edelbrock Torker II intake (soon to be a Performer RPM)

Accel HEI Ignition

Hedman coated headers

New 2 ½“ exhaust with Flowmasters and crossover pipe, tailpipes exit behind rear tires

Turbo 350 with 2500 stall and B&M Z-Gate shifter

New radiator with electric fan.

Power steering

Power brakes with factory front disc

New interior, non OEM front bucket seats, Grant steering wheel, Grant “No Wheel/No Steal” anti theft removable wheel kit.

Sun Super Tach + 3 gauge cluster

New gas tank

New front and rear bumpers

Battery relocated to trunk

Completely rebuilt front end, new shocks, all new body to frame doughnuts.

10 bolt with posi, 3.08 gears, rear air shocks.

Frame connectors and bumper style traction bars

New Weld Drag Lite wheels with new Winston Winner R/T Radials 255/60/15 rear, 215/65/15 fronts

Right front

Right rear

Front

Left Rear

Rear

Interior

Engine Compartment

See less See more
#11 ·
I'm not very knowledgeable on these cars, I just supposed they were the originals. Maybe not? :confused:

Thanks for all the nice comments! I told the wife that if I was going to paint a car, I would never have picked that color. But......after I got the car, the more I look at it the better I like it, and I told her the other day that if I ever have to repaint it, I'll probably go back with this color. :)

#17 ·
I think it's a Pacer, those pics were taken at the used car place where I bought my car. They were taken and sent to me prior to my going to buy my Nova, so I don't think it's even still there. But yeah, sure don't see many of them anymore........thankfully!!! :D :D :D

#22 ·
Thanks, I like it alot myself....:yes:

I wish I could...... :( I bought the car from a car lot as it sits and he didn't have anything on the paint code.

I sure would like to have it - probably going to need it some day....

#25 ·
Thanks guys for the nice comments. The car really is everything I dreamed about as a teenager 35 years ago, but I had to become an old man before it could happen. :(

But, was 16 then & had just got my driver's license, prolly best I didn't have a car like this, I managed to get in enough trouble with what I had!! :cool: :rolleyes:

I have actually owned it over a year now, thread is a little over a year old.

Hey Shinyside, I'm FF myself. Be careful out there Bro.

Thanks again guys, appreciate it much!!!

#30 ·
Well, with 20 volunteers, I wouldn't say that its always "close knit"....:rolleyes: :D But anyway we do a pretty good job for our area, when the conditions get right, we can fight a lot of wildfires.

We are fortunate to have nice equipment: 2000 and 2001 F350 4x4 small brush trucks, 2004 and 2006 IH large 6x6 brush trucks, (2006 is foam equipped), a 2006 Pierce Contender 5 man KW engine, a 2008 Pierce KW 3000 gallon tender, and a 2012 F350 crewcab 4x4 command vehicle. A lot of work has went into acquiring those units: we have an awesome chief.

Lemme see what I can do on the T-shirt, what size?

You guys have any patches to trade?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.