Chevy Nova Forum banner

My 63 Wagon Build

13K views 78 replies 27 participants last post by  nodor 
#1 ·
Got started yesterday on tear down and such. I am super excited about this build.

The day I picked it up

In the shop ready to go.

The truck delivering the engine and trans.

Engine.

Hoping to get the firewall painted and the new TCI front end installed this weekend.
:yes:

See less See more
#6 ·
Ordered a TCI front end. In fact I just got the call and the truck will be here in about 30 mins to drop it off. I got the 5.3l and 4l60E to go in it along with a 3:73 Posi rear end. Going to get that all in it and then do some body work and paint. Keeping the interior simple but functional. Plan to use it as a DD and then maybe a weekend rig on short trips. I have a TDI Jetta for the long trips which gets great mileage. This should just be a fun mess around DD rig for the time being. Something to haul my 3 kids around in and still have some room for the dog and all their stuff.

#23 ·
Ok got some torque converter bolts and got that all in today. Then ran into a bit of the problem with the exhaust manifolds... They plain wont work as they are to wide. Maybe after its in there they will work but I dont think so.

Then the motor mounts wont line up. The oil pan wont let the engine come far enough forward. Looks like I need to do some more reading to see what is going on there. :-(

#26 ·
Ok got some torque converter bolts and got that all in today. Then ran into a bit of the problem with the exhaust manifolds... They plain wont work as they are to wide. Maybe after its in there they will work but I dont think so.

Then the motor mounts wont line up. The oil pan wont let the engine come far enough forward. Looks like I need to do some more reading to see what is going on there. :-(
Are your motor mount adaptor plates on the right way? I can't remember off the top of my head, I will look tonight if no one can verify. I think they go towards the front more, but I will have to look at mine to verify. What pan you using?

#29 · (Edited)
Switch sides with the engine plates. Take the whole plate off, motor mounts and all, and switch them around, side to side. I can tell you right now, the engine will not fit, even with a F-body pan like the plates are now. The engine is setting about where it needs to right now, or maybe go back ever so slightly, just the mounts won't reach.....the main difference in a truck pan, and a F-body pan is the depth. The engine will set in place with the truck pan.

You never did say if you were going to mod that pan, or get a f-body. The truck pan is going to be a bout an inch off the road with the TCI clip.

T,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.