Chevy Nova Forum banner

1970 TCS wire clip

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  lcmc 
#1 ·
Was looking in the assembly manual on page 122. It shows 2 clips for TCS wire. The one on the tranny is 3983960 but I can't find a part number for the one on the bellhousing. Anybody know what it is? Also anybody know where I can get these clips? Another question is I want to put the TCS system on my car but not have it working. What is the best way to dummy it so it looks correct but will not function.?

#2 · (Edited)
I believe they are the same clip.I ordered mine thru Classic Muscle.Go on line at www.oldmusclecars.com,which they show a picture of the part.As for your TCS solenoid,your going have to remove the inner plunger and spring, then put the solenoid back together.Once removed, it acts as a vacuum canister only.Just did it to my L34 TCS and ended working out great.It looks correct with constant vacuum.:yes:

#3 ·
In the assembly manual the one on the bellhousing just looked a little different. As far as TCS I am not going to be running vacuum since my stock distributor has been converted to electronc with no vacuum advance. I guess I just need to plug the vacuum lines but what about the electronics?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.