Chevy Nova Forum banner

Holley Electric pump ID/carb ?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  WildBillyT 
#1 ·
I need some help and have a couple of questions

1. How do I identify which pump is in my car? see pic
2. I have an Edelbrock 1407 carb with manual choke that has about 2k miles on it, but has been sitting for about four years. What would I need to do before dropping it on the nogo? would I replace the gaskets or see if it leaks first?

What I am thinking about doing is pulling my holley DP and installing the edelbrock and adding electric choke to it. My holley has a bog when punching the gas from both a roll and a dead stop, and I want to add choke to the car and the butterfly was removed from the holley.

I am wondering how much pressure this pump pushes and if I need a regulator is needed with the edelbrock? Might go mechanical fuel pump instead and replace the clear plastic fuel filter with a metal fuel filter.

Oh, and how was the metal fuel filters attached to the fuel lines? Rubber hose and clamps?

thanks as always :yes:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That is a Holley Red fuel pump. "Newer" style since it's mostly silver with the color as a square.

http://www.holley.com/12-801-1.asp

It should be mounted underneath the tank so that it's gravity fed. Holley electric pumps (at least the red, blue, and black) push fuel better than they pull it. And you should also have a canister style fiter between the fuel tank and the pump.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.