Votes: 89 57.4%
  • no

Votes: 66 42.6%

Halo headlights

44K views 58 replies 47 participants last post by  sf_hippie 
#1 ·
See less See more
#6 ·
My son gave me a pair for Christmas and I put them in. They dont work very well for light even though they are Halogen lights, but they do get alot of attention at dusk when I run my parking lights. In my opinion, the lights are just for fun not for driving light improvement.

#19 ·
My son gave me a pair for Christmas and I put them in. They dont work very well for light even though they are Halogen lights, but they do get alot of attention at dusk when I run my parking hid headlight kits lights. In my opinion, the lights are just for fun not for driving light improvement.

Yea if you get them don't do it to see better because your not lol, defintiely adds a VERY nice touch to the car though.

#9 · (Edited)
I was going to mention ....Slyvania silver stars

I got them in the 72 man.. what a difference..... bright white light.... better than Halogen....

I dont care for the diamond cuts.. the look cheap to me

here is a nice discussion and a cool tid bit about KenWorth lights(big truck)

http://www.binderplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?p=588914

the sealed beam you want is a H6024 Slyvania silver star

#10 ·
As usual, for me, it comes down to a CONSISTANT theme for the car - are you planning on some 18 inch rims, air bag lowering, some other very high tech "appliances" on the car (LS1 engine, competition style suspension, modern graphic paint, etc, etc,) - then I think these headlights might fly. But from the pics, your car looks pretty stock, the wheel/tire combo and stance old school, so I think these are going to stick out as an out of place "add-on". These aftermarket lights, as mentioned, don't offer great lighting power, and they are generally really cheap in construction (and they're usually illegal as well). All food for thought.

#12 ·
Thanks for all the input. Im still not sure if I want to, they arent really expensive so it wouldnt be a huge loss if I did and didnt like them.

It kind of will match a theme because the car color is blue and I have plans in the cab to mount blue neon tubes inside for better cabin lighting. I will run a long tube under the dash and smaller 10in tubes under the the bucket seats to light up the passenger foot area. this will over all give me better light in the cabin to find stuff. All of this on top of my dome light that will eventually turn into LEDs.

#18 ·
I have a set in the 77. Still in the wiring phase so unsure of how the halo will be wired in. I am contemplating hooking them into the side marker circuit. With that connection they will illuminate when park and headlamps are on but also flash when the turn signals are being used with the lights on.

The H4 bulbs are extremely bright. The install was done with relays and head lamp plugs that will with stand the additional heat. The lens is glass, but the housing is plastic, has anyone used these long enough to see how they hold up in the real world?

#21 ·
Yes they look nice for show but thats about it..Not reliable at all..So far everyone on ebay selling those are selling junk.The light that comes out of them is horrible it blocks more light then puts out.I have a pair in my garage I put in drove downt he st turned around came home took them out put back in box.

#22 ·
I had a pair in my 77 and the passenger side bulb exploded and cracked the front lens after about a month of use. They were plastic backed ones with glass lenses. They do look cool but wish they were made a little better. The day before they cracked I noticed some condensation in the lens and that could have caused the failure but they are vented to prevent the condensation (i guess not that well). The bulb temps are alot hotter than standard halogens. The light was better than standard but they didn't last. Car sits outside in Florida and the humidity is bad here. I might do another set of the HID ones but they are ALOT more money than the ones they sell on E-bay.

#25 ·
I put a set of the diamond clear lenses with the H4 conversion in my car (blueish tint to light but no halos). They look really good and the visibility is incredible.

#28 ·
I'm also going to agree with Siva. If the car was done in a more pro-tour style where many of the systems of the car have been modernized other than the body then I would say go for it it fits the theme of the car but your car is pretty stock looking so I would stick to a set of Silverstars for the car.

It's kind of like seeing a corolla with pep boy flame stickers on it.......

John

#29 ·
I have halos and love em, hooked up to my toggle push button start panel.. If u don't like em, they still look good and Crisp white for like $25 bucks and they have a little day light Inside also that I put a little LED as a blinker if I want.. But trust me and ask anyone who has em. Pics don't show how cool they are in a nova.. Way diff in person bro

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.