Chevy Nova Forum banner

Newbie with a 72 Nova

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Nova74ss 
#1 ·
Hey all, my name's Matt. I'm 25 and I'm a Fireman in Central Florida and just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a "member" of the site since late 2010 when my Nova search began, and I must say this is a great bunch of guys here. I've posted many general questions, and without hesitation I received replies, very helpful replies. I just wanted to thank everyone who has responded to my posts, sent me messages, and helped me in more ways that I could have imagined. That being said I am now proud to introduce my 1972 Chevy Nova, with it's original 307 and it's original 2BBL carb, backed by the TH350 and stock diff. As you can see in my pics she's got a long way to go, but wow have I came a long way since I picked her up. Pushing her off the trailer in the middle of the street and then up the driveway into the garage with the help of my dedicated g/f and my gear-head neighbor. She's been part of the family now since February and after 2+ hard working months, she went on her inaugural ride just the other day (whoo, cheering and applause, lol). So thats pretty much myself in a nutshell, I hope further restoring goes as smoothly and if all does she'll be in the body shop in no time!!! I would be proud to consider all of you my friends, and please do not be shy to ever stop my page and just say hi, or give me any and ALL pointers you guys have come across in your past restos. This is my first Nova I've done, my dad had one growing up, and I've loved them since! I've re-done an 82 Z-28 in the past, but I sold that to make room for my true love. This car is all new to me, and I would love to know any tips, tricks, Q&A sites, or even great parts sites to use in the future. I hope this post is accepted smoothly, and thank you for letting me have a piece of your time.....Matt

See less See more
#3 ·
Photos

It's hard to tell because I'm signed in, but if I go to my page and click the "statistics" tabs it pops up with albums I've created, and from there it's got the 6 pics I've uploaded. If you cannot see those maybe I have some private setting on or something. I'm not too familiar with this site yet.

#4 ·
Welcome to the site Matt. I see your avatar is of a firetruck(E One,Pierce?).
I was a township mechanic and spent a ton of time working on fire apparatus.
I know that you and the guys that great pride in that equipment, so I know your Nova will be a beauty too. Keep us posted on your new project and we are here to help when you need it. Gary

#5 ·
Hey Gary

Thanks for welcome :) It is appreciated greatly. That particular Engine is a Pierce and is one of Daytona Beach International Speedway's Fleet. I work the special events there during the Speedweeks/Turkey Rod Run/Events of all sorts. The Dept I work at full time though also uses Pierce which is quite funny as the Production Plant for E-One's are no more than an hour and a half away, lol. Have a wonderful day!

#12 ·
Thanks for welcome :) It is appreciated greatly. That particular Engine is a Pierce and is one of Daytona Beach International Speedway's Fleet. I work the special events there during the Speedweeks/Turkey Rod Run/Events of all sorts. The Dept I work at full time though also uses Pierce which is quite funny as the Production Plant for E-One's are no more than an hour and a half away, lol. Have a wonderful day!
Cool. We ran Pierce,s for years with Waterous pumps 1500 and had pretty good luck. I be watching for the Nova and I will get away from the work stuff.
Just don,t run into guys that have a pumper for a avatar. Gary

#18 ·
Looks like you've got a good, solid starting point. I've recently acquired a '70 that I'm gonna start on as soon as I finish up the '63 I've been working on for a couple of years. Welcome to the site! You'll learn lots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.