Brian65 - 1965 Hardtop - Page 7 - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > General > Car Profiles

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 25th-May-2013, 09:58 PM   #91
no go nova

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 1966 nova
Car is comming along nicely hope you will have a driver soon

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3rd-July-2013, 10:49 AM   #92
Brian65
(OP)

Title: Nova Senior Member
Nova(s): 1965 HT
Progress shots

This is the progress of my drivers side door. It was rotted out across the top and bottom. I was able to find a donor door and a good fabricator and he was able to make me one good door out of the two bad ones.

That instagram ID is to the guy that did the fabrication for me if you would like to follow him, he does some great work on a variety of cool cars

My 1965 Chevy II
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Album of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 3rd-July-2013, 11:35 AM   #93
Brian65
(OP)

here is an exterior shot. the body was media blasted them shot with epoxy primer, I fixed some minor rust spots in the body and am not waiting on the ability to bring my doors and deck lid to be media blasted.

From there I will epoxy primer those pieces and spray the whole car with high build primer before starting to block sand her out.

RUST ADVICE

For the sake of time and money, if you have RUST that you can not remove with a DA sander and some 180 grit paper, do yourself a favor and bring it to get media blasted.

I must have wasted 6 months trying to do my own rust repair with sanding, applying converters and dissolvers, as well as using a spot blaster. I found that I was burning time and resources while making little progress.

The media blaster, Millers Powder Coating in Lilburn Georgia, sprayed everything that you see of the body here in a couple hours.

My 1965 Chevy II

Album of

Old 3rd-July-2013, 11:49 AM   #94
Brian65
(OP)

Media blast, a little welding, some grinding, and a coat of epoxy primer and were ready for high build primer and block sanding.

Door and deck lid next

My 1965 Chevy II

Album of
Old 3rd-July-2013, 11:58 AM   #95
Brian65
(OP)

Hey Rodney,

I've always enjoyed doing business with Miller's, good guys for sure.

Lets make it happen, if the two of us get together I am sure we can get something to catch on. There are enough of us around here to get it going.

Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney YJ View Post
Hey Brian,

hows the car coming along? I've had Miller's powder coat some parts for me. Good guys. I went to school with Billy Miller it is him and his dad that own the shop.

I would be interested in some of us local guys getting together. I've never made it to the caffeine and octane show. I hear it is a huge turn out. I plan on going to commerce swap meet next weekend hopefully to sell a few things and buy some stuff.

My 1965 Chevy II

Album of
Old 3rd-July-2013, 12:09 PM   #96
Brian65
(OP)

thanks NO GO, I hope the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by no go nova View Post
Car is comming along nicely hope you will have a driver soon

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

My 1965 Chevy II

Album of
Old 3rd-July-2013, 04:54 PM   #97
Kid63

Nova(s): 1963 Nova SS
Garage
House work!? No way you've got a great build here too. Looks like we'll both have quality cars when all is said and done. Lookng good.

Old 12th-March-2014, 05:40 PM   #98
cleve

Title: Nova Junior Member
Nova(s): 1966 and 1965 SS
Garage
Lookin great keep it up that nova will be nice once you get paint on her I'm enjoying watchin the build.
Old 12th-March-2014, 07:38 PM   #99
Kid63

Nova(s): 1963 Nova SS
Garage
We need an update! Can't wait to see more

Old 20th-July-2014, 09:44 PM   #100
Brian65
(OP)

hey guys, I'll post some new pics soon. This build is int its 4th year for me. I'm glad to say that I am finally block sanding with 180, might have to get another coat of primer on her but that should be the home stretch from here.

I've already got the paint bought, I really am close to reassemble time. Thanks for all the views and encouraging comments.

Brian

My 1965 Chevy II

Album of
Old 19th-April-2017, 01:01 PM   #101
Brian65
(OP)

Hey guys, I am back again, its time to finally start putting this car back together and I want to share.

Unfortunately I can't access my old account because I don't have that email address or old password anymore. Can anyone help me? admins please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement