Chevy Nova Forum banner

Help: "Wheel-Jail"

4K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  novabob64 
#1 ·
I think I am stuck in 'wheel-jail'

I have a set of BFG Rival S 315/30/18 mounted on Forgeline RB3C 18x11. Took the car for her inaugural drive and here's where it gets weird....

Driving the car feels smooth, I do not feel an abnormality. My buddy was following me and noticed a pretty severe wobble on passenger rear wheel. I had him drive the car and also noticed a wobble and low speeds <10MPH and more severe at freeway speeds. Any idea why tire would wobble and I wouldn't feel it?

Tires were mounted and balanced by Forgeline. Thank you!

#4 ·
I had a friend and his son riding with me and his son was in the back seat. His son happened to look out the side window as we were driving slow in a subdivision and ask why my rear wheel was moving in and out as to wobble. Took it home and raised the rear thinking the rim was bent so I swapped for another rim and got the same wobble.

#16 ·
A couple thing to note here, it could just be the pattern in the tread off creating an illusion of a wobble and the right read seems to mask a wheel wobble the most. When I was a mechanic, we often put the bent/damaged wheel there for a customer who didn't want to replace a wheel for this very reason.

I would either put the car on stands and let it idle to see if it is actually out, or take it to a garage and have them spin it by hand on their balancer with the gauge near the tire, then rim to see what, if anything is out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.