Chevy Nova Forum banner

9" ford rear

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  JBimmolate 
#1 ·
I want to change my 10 bolt to a 9 inch ford rear. A local guy has one for sale for 200 dollars but will have to be cut to what I want and then built accordingly. Is that a good price and what does anyone think the rebuild price will be. I will race it some but not every weekend. Thanks...I have a 62 wagon and I want to be able to tuck the tires in even with a little wider than the 28x11.5 15...also will do away with the leaf springs.

#2 ·
I'd find out what this 9 inch was. Lots of differeneces in a stock 9 inch rear. 28 or 31 spline, what wheel bearing does it have, is it a posi or locker, does it have disc or drum brakes? To me $200. is high for an average nothing special 9 inch rearend. JMO, RM

#6 ·
Since you will need to order new axles and build it w/the parts you want I would just get a mid-late 70's f100 f150 rearend since it will have the large bearing ends and the HD axle housing. Most wrecking yards have a bunch of them. I have a yard that brings like 5 or 6 at a time for $50 each. I wouldn't spend more than $100 on a core since all you need is the housing and 3rd member shell in most cases.

Miles:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.