New name, old member! - Page 5 - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Non-Technical > 4th Generation Nova's

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 29th-May-2017, 08:22 PM   #61
LSxBody
(OP)

Title: Nova Junior Member
Tinkered on the nova today. Pulled out my fuse/relay board to swap into the skylark.

Then I threw in my aluminum radiator. I will upgrade to a nicer unit with dual fans and a shroud but it will do for now. Was going to paint it nice and black but I like the crusty aluminum.

Got the harness all pulled out from the nova and ready to go into the skylark. I will probably de-pin the connectors to feed through a hole in the firewall when that time comes. I need to order my new cluster so I can install the senders for it before I start putting too many parts back on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 5th-June-2017, 12:44 AM   #62
LSxBody
(OP)

My intellitronix digital cluster arrived today! I ordered the blue led version to match my interior. Went ahead and installed it. It went in so easy I forgot to take pics until the end! I used a 1/4" thick plexiglass sheet to mount the gauges to. Painted the backside black and it matches so well. I haven't wired it in yet of course.

Old 7th-June-2017, 10:03 PM   #63
LSxBody
(OP)

Wireharness is in! Well the engine side is haha threw the intake and coils on the route the harness nice and hidden. Took some pics of header clearance. These are modified 4th gen camaro stainless headers. Egr holes filled, o2 relocated, and the drivers collector shifted about 15 degrees back to straight. I'm currently sorting through the factory wiring. Deleting all unnecessary circuits. I don't want to have a mess of unused wires under the dash. So it all must go! This weekend I may even be able to put power to the car if I can get the battery relocation in!

Old 11th-June-2017, 06:24 PM   #64
LSxBody
(OP)

Battery relocation is in! PCM is mounted using a GM mount. I believe it's a S10 piece. It clips the pcm in nice and secure. Also mounted the relay board up high in the dash. In my Nova you could see the pcm and relay board by your feet. I didn't want that this time around. I still have more wiring to do that's why it's a mess still. Slowly but surely!!

Old 11th-June-2017, 11:54 PM   #65
LSxBody
(OP)

Testing if I can embed YouTube from the phone app! Got the intellitronix digital cluster up and going! Got a few wires to finish up and then tidy it all up under the dash! Very happy everything worked the first try haha

Old 17th-June-2017, 01:24 AM   #66
LSxBody
(OP)

New name, old member!

Did a little wiring today! Converted the factory taillights to sequential taillights using the Eddie Motorsports sequential kit. I just had to get a 3 wire socket for the middle lights and do some rewiring! Took about 2 hrs in between beers

Old 20th-June-2017, 09:29 PM   #67
LSxBody
(OP)

Upgraded the trans cooler! I have AN lines ran from the trans to the cooler but then I used hose clamps on it because I was too cheap to buy the right cooler when I was younger. I went a little crazy with the AN fittings this time around and used bulkhead connectors to pass through the core support for a clean, finished look. I think it looks great! Also upgrading my 16" electric fan mounted directly to the rad to a shrouded dual speed 16" fan. Hopefully it will arrive by the weekend.

Old 20th-June-2017, 09:49 PM   #68
LSxBody
(OP)

Don't mind the chaos that is my garage lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement