Chevy Nova Forum banner

posting pics

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ALLT4 
#1 ·
Finally I bought a digi and took some pics. Just need to know how to post them.

#4 · (Edited)
I'll just add a couple things though that tutorial is pretty good. Yeah find a web host for your photos. It doesn't have to be Photobucket or any other of the major picture sites. All you have to make sure of is your host allows Hot Linking, some do, some don't. Even most ISP providers allow you some web space for pictures or a website. You just have to figure out how to use that service.

I'll usually resize my pictures down to 800 X 600, that's a pretty good size so as not to overload a thread with with a lot of bandwidth.

Once you upload your sized photos to your host you have to obtain the picture's URL, and only the picture's URL. Most of the time you can right click a picture and click properties, then just copy the url address. Or if you know it you can click the icon at the top of your posting box that looks like a mountain with a little square beside it.

IMPORTANT! Don't double up on the HTTP:// part of the url when you use the icon to post a picture. It already tries to add that for you and you can wind up with HTTP://HTTP:// that won't work and we'll see a nice red X.

You can also add a picture to your post by just wrapping the tags
without spaces around your pictures URL.

Edit: Looks like you figured it out while I was posting. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.