Chevy Nova Forum banner

A fixer upper or a rust bucket?

4K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  TMack63nova 
#1 ·
#3 ·
IMO I would say way half that or under because seems a bit much for that kind of rust. Unless its all surface rust I would still go for like 1500. These cars are still a dime a dozen and you can find a better one that that. with that price.

#6 ·
In my opinion, thats a bit high priced, but its not a junker by any means. I bought a 1965 4 door that ran and drove in what I thought was pretty decent condition (even after I looked it over hard!) for 1800.00

Once I got it home and started tearing it apart and removing the paint, I found more then I would have bargained for. Nothing that couldnt be fixed by any means (to me anyhow).

My advise is to just look it over very very well, but dont get discouraged if you find more then you bargained for apon tear down. Nearly everything can be fixed :yes:

#7 ·
in my opinion for your first project, make good sheet metal your first priority. I have seen a few guys who end up with a bad taste in their mouth for this hobby because they started with a rusty car.

This car is not junk but i would probably keep looking, there are more out there than you might think.

#8 ·
Exactly what model is it though ss, rs, base cause the front fenders on a base model didn't come stock with those louvers and the trunk emblem looks like it doesn't belong and last but not least the interior those door panels also are deluxe I had a 72 before and it was base took the whole car apart and mines was base and the front fenders didn't have those louvers and sure didn't have the chrome trim on the door panels. A lot of it does look like surface rust o there than those rears but it only looks like rot on the passenger side it also had the vinyl top and it doesn't look from the angle of the pic that there was any rust but like everyone else said look at it very close and if not let me know I'll make the trip and buy it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.