Chevy Nova Forum banner

Kansas City MO and surrounding areas.....good speed shops?

9K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  Jake 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm still a newbie to MO. :eek: I'm looking for any good automotive speed shops around the KC/Lee's Summit/Independence MO areas. Does anyone know of one? Thanks.

If he is still there; he did the work on my engine. When I picked up my engine mine was the only GM block he was working on. The rest were Dart Big and Small M blocks. He had over a dozen high dollar engines going together in his shop.
Maschmeier Perf Engineering
2850 D West 40 Hwy
Blue Springs, MO 64015
816-682-6946

There used to be MO-PO Performance out in front of his shop I think they are closed now. They own the building Maschmeier Perf Engineering is in. They were a couple of older guys that had a small shop.
There is a street rod shop on father up Hwy 40; they sold a few things. Not much of an inventory.
Where your at Summit and Jegs are your best friends.

#2 ·
Hey I'm really just looking for a shop locally that sells AN fittings to install a fuel pressure gauge.

I know Summit carries them but I wanted to get them today so I could finish up this install. Also Summit charges like a $10 handling fee regardless of how big or small of an item you get. That's why I like to save up and then get a bunch of stuff from there at once.

Now if I could only find a good speed shop around the KC area....

#10 ·
Well, I am trying to install an electric fuel pressure sender to the end of a fuel injection rail.

The rail has a 4 AN style fitting with a schrader valve in it.

I need an adapter to convert the 4 AN over to a 1/8 NPT fitting.

#12 ·
The rail and the sensor both have male fittings.

Therefore what would work the best for me would be a 4 AN female swivel to 4 AN male with a 1/8 NPT port tapped for a pressure gauge.

Even better if the 4 AN male side is tapped/threaded inside to accept a schrader valve.

If not that, a 4 AN female swivel to 4 AN male would work, I can get a 1/8 NPT female/female coupler to make work.

#13 ·
#15 · (Edited)
I decided to take some pics to help get a better understanding of what I'm doing.

First off, this isn't a Chevy engine....it's a Buick engine.....a V6 turbo....as you would find in a Grand National:

It's also a fuel injected engine. Here's a close up of the end of the fuel rail where the male 4 AN fitting is next to the black cylinder fuel pressure regulator)....

An even further close up...

And an even further close up...notice how there's a schrader valve inside....

Now here's what I am trying to do...is hook up this Autometer fuel pressure sensor to the male 4 AN fitting at the end of my fuel rail:

I have this tee fitting, which is kind of cheaply made IMO (look at how thin that little tube is between the L and the female that threads on the end of the fuel rail).....

And I want to do this:

So if I were to use the tee fitting I'd need a female 4 AN to male 1/8 NPT adapter like one of these:

And then in conjunction with it, I'd use a dual female 1/8 NPT coupler such as this one:

But if at all possible, one of the fittings I posted above in the previous thread would also work.

The nice thing about the brass tee I have is it has the schrader valve inside like the fuel rail:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.