Ringbrothers GM Door Handles - Page 4 - Chevy Nova Forum
Visit our sponsor, National Nostalgic Nova

Steve's Nova Site is an automotive enthusiast website dedicated to the 1962 - 1979 Chevrolet Nova, Chevy II and Acadian automobiles. We work together to preserve, restore, drive, show, race and provide fellowship for these classic cars. This is one of the best places to find information about parts, rebuilding, restoration and racing. This website is not affiliated with GM, General Motors or Chevrolet in any capacity.

Go Back   Chevy Nova Forum > Supporting Vendors > RingBrothers

StevesNovaSite.com is the premier Chevrolet Nova Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 28th-January-2010, 12:09 AM   #46
madskillz

Title: Nova Junior Member
There nice you cant hate on them..We need companys or individuals makeing custom aftermarket parts for our old cars.
Im sick of seeing all this orginal parts everyones nova looks the same lol.

I always change the look of my vehicles that I build and everytime someone one sees it there like dam thats a nice ride I like how it looks different but clean.

So thumbs up to these new handles! But... you better sale them for a good price otherwise dont bother producing them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28th-January-2010, 12:12 AM   #47
madskillz

Title: Nova Junior Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringbrothers View Post
Steve - Don't worry about what you said. I need to toughen up and know that it's not personal. You are entitled to your opinion.

We are looking at a retail of $269.99 on these handles - if that stays the same once we get final production costs is that a reasonable price?

We are trying to bring some less expensive products to the market that are an easy cool way to update your car - like the door strikers and hood adjusters that retail around $50. Is that reasonable?

I guess I need you guys to inform me what you are looking for and what you think reasonable pricing is. Of course I have to consider cost before I market anything but it might help me in the future to bring products to the market that are not the big dollar items - but things that you want.
That's why I am here - I need your input and opinions - even if it hurts a little sometimes.
Sorry for long post and so many questions - anyone can also send me an email at staci@ringbrothers.com with comments and ideas.
Staci
Your asking way to much for a pair of handles...Im all for your custom work and products but if you want these parts to go far and sale.You need to put a price on it that the everyday guy and purchase.
Old 8th-February-2010, 11:30 PM   #48
rtbme

Title: Nova Newbie
Nova(s): 63 convt, 350/400 turbo,
Garage
Ring Bros who?!! are you kidding me!

I haven't checked in here for a while. I'm wrapped up w/a 56 T-bird build right now. (wifes car)
I hope you all have come to realize just who and what the Ring Bros are all about. http://www.ringbrothers.com/ To read the early comments "never heard of them" is mind boggling, wear you been? To say they're cutting edge builders w/like products is an understatement. I think the handles are very cool. maybe not for a stock looking car but for a pro-tour modern type build.........very cool.

Old 5th-October-2010, 01:33 AM   #49
gfercaks33

Title: Nova Guru
Nova(s): 1973, 2 door coupe,350,350th tranny
have you tested the fitment on a car yet? im in the market for some handles soon
Old 18th-October-2010, 01:53 AM   #50
David&Melissa_h

Old 28th-October-2010, 02:16 AM   #51
badnova

Nova(s): 1967 2dr hardtop, full tu
I wouldn't sweat ring brothers quality, there parts are beautiful. If you havent seen the afterburner car they built - it is nothing short of amazing. Really really nice stuff. The car is built around their parts which makes em look great.

These handles would look great on my car, but i would have to agree that after awhile all of the flawless billet stuff gets old just like anything else (especially with allen bolts) just my opinion- i remember when i bought my interior door handles from clay machine works - also really nice stuff - i thought oh cool no one has these, then i went to goodguys and saw them on lots of cars. ugh.. now they are just nice, not near as cool as when i first saw em.

most custom parts are cool when no one has em, once they semi saturate the market they become old hat - thats just goes with the territory. I think it would be easy for a manufacturer (not just ring bros) to fall into one design flow - unique but limited scope.

I think the key is to make anything with as much appeal as possible to as many as possible - which is why after I tried 3 different rearview mirrors for my car i - i kept going right back to the original, clean,simple and uncluttered design (and my car is very far from stock)- but then again thats just my taste. Lots of idea's out there and everyone likes something different. I personally would love to see these handles with just a groove along the edge with no allen head bolts, but the next guy may go nuts over the allen bolts. So maybe offer a couple of subtle design differences.

Regardless I am glad Ring Bros. is around (as well as the many other custom manfacturers out there) just gives us all more choices.
Old 18th-April-2011, 02:01 AM   #52
novanutcase

Title: Moderator
Jim and Staci,

I have a '66 build you may have seen. I'm looking to use the original style door handles but delete the pushbutton in favor of installing door poppers. I hate it when a car has door poppers with shaved handles and nothing to grab onto to open the door wide enough to get in. I have to grab the glass to open the door and then the glass gets all full of hand and finger prints. Do you have a CAD/CAM file made that you could easily modify for something like this? I could also modify the existing steel ones by stripping off the chrome and filling in the pushbutton and rechroming but if you have the file already it might be kind of cool to have them in aluminum.

I'd also like to see your interpretation of the classic 2nd gen tail light assemblies. The stock ones are nice but I'm looking for something that has it's roots in the originals but also has a modern twist put to it for my build. Fesler did just the lenses and bezels but they look too far away from the original for me. I like the old school look but just want to freshen it up a bit. If you're willing to tackle it I'd love to be able to put my .02 on the design. That doesn't mean you have to use any of my ideas of course!!

Billet pedals for 2nd gens would be cool too. I already have a set I custom milled but I'm sure a lot of 2nd gen owners would be interested in freshening up their rides with a cool new set of pedals.

John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 18th-April-2011, 10:44 AM   #53
David&Melissa_h

Quote:
Originally Posted by novanutcase View Post
Jim and Staci,

I have a '66 build you may have seen. I'm looking to use the original style door handles but delete the pushbutton in favor of installing door poppers. I hate it when a car has door poppers with shaved handles and nothing to grab onto to open the door wide enough to get in. I have to grab the glass to open the door and then the glass gets all full of hand and finger prints. Do you have a CAD/CAM file made that you could easily modify for something like this? I could also modify the existing steel ones by stripping off the chrome and filling in the pushbutton and rechroming but if you have the file already it might be kind of cool to have them in aluminum.

I'd also like to see your interpretation of the classic 2nd gen tail light assemblies. The stock ones are nice but I'm looking for something that has it's roots in the originals but also has a modern twist put to it for my build. Fesler did just the lenses and bezels but they look too far away from the original for me. I like the old school look but just want to freshen it up a bit. If you're willing to tackle it I'd love to be able to put my .02 on the design. That doesn't mean you have to use any of my ideas of course!!

Billet pedals for 2nd gens would be cool too. I already have a set I custom milled but I'm sure a lot of 2nd gen owners would be interested in freshening up their rides with a cool new set of pedals.

John
Old 12th-August-2012, 01:03 PM   #54
Funtaine

Title: Nova Newbie
Nova(s): 1966 Nova
To me the original GM door handles are nice and durable, but if you modify the car and your going after the pro touring retro look the Ringbrothers handles are definitely the route to go....
Old 19th-June-2014, 01:11 PM   #55
62LS6

Title: Nova Senior Member
Nova(s): 1962 Nova Coupe
I am building my 62 coupe and want to know if these would fit? I called Ringbrother's and the woman that answered didn't know. Anyone try these on a first gen?

Thanks,

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement