Chevy Nova Forum banner

Single turbo sbc on a 1st gen stock front end?

8K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  LIL NOVE 
#1 ·
Anyone out there know of anyone that has done this? I am interested in it. I have a 414 sbc now that goes 11.50 but I am considering a single turbo setup so I can go 10.00 on pump gas:devil:

#2 ·
Here is my 73 with big block and single turbo, so small block and single in a first gen should be about the same room!

First configuration:

Second configuration:

With an electric radiator fan I the second configuration is really easy to fit.

I am in Bethlehem let me know if you want some help putting a turbo setup together, mine is in a different state so I would love to help with someone elses setup, for free of course, Im not offering business services or anything like that.

#5 ·
I know this doesn't help much but I have a Car Craft somewhere that has a 66 or 67 in it that had twin turbo's that was with a stock frontend. The article was about a 67 Camaro running turbos and you could just make out the Nova in the sidelines of the pictures.

The Nova had the turbo's crammed into the front corners of the engine bay. I don't know if the bay was cut up for pipes or not but I don't see how it couldn't be.

#6 ·
I wouldnt think it would be too hard with the ebay turbos and two small t3/t4 turbos hanging off the end of the headers.

for fitment issues, a twin setup will be a lot easier than a big single.

t6 turbo vs t3/t4. the t6 weighed 45.5 lbs. the t3/t4 weigh about 17lbs and take up a lot less room.

#9 ·
ur better off doin a PROCHARGER or something.... JMO!!!! the engine bays IMO on 1st & 2nd gens are too small. yeah u could cram everything in there, but that will be very tight & probably make a lot of heat, then u also need an I/C or some kind of methanol injection, especially since u wanna be on pump gas... its not that it cant be done, just needs some thinkin & routin.... for exhaust goin out, u can take the same route the FW headers take, but of course chop chop chop...... good luck on the build, keep us posted on ur decision..

CYAN, is that MP 70, whats behind it....???? i was gonna do the big single, but instead i decided on 2 of those MP70's....:yes::yes::yes:

LIL JOHN

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.