Chevy Nova Forum banner

Pop Out Quarter Windows

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  77-427-5sp 
#1 ·
Thanks to a very close friend I will have a complete set of Pop out windows with everything including Seals and latches, My Question is Have any of you removed or installed a set? Is the mounting spots dimpled? or is it a fit it to the car type job, May be some time before I get to install them but want to know what I have to deal with, Photos of the install or just photos of any part of them would be great, Thanks all

#2 ·
Bruce,

Great score for you! When I located a set of windows, I made templates and took careful measurements of where the holes were located on the donor car. I do not recall seeing dimples on the car they were going in, and I did not try to install them yet.

If you do measure and template the holes, don't forget the ones on the interior sail panel as well.

Jay

#5 ·
Bruce--I'm certainly no expert on these but maybe this will help. I took a set of these off a car last summer. There are 4 screws (each window) for the hinges to screw onto the body. The male part of the hinges are attaced to the windows. So once you put the window seal in it should be a matter of placing the window on in a position where it looks right and seems to seal good and mark where the hinge holes should be.

I think there may very well be factory holes already in your body (there were in my 79) for the latch to screw into. If so, because part of the latch is also attached to the window, identifying the latch position and screwing it on would help you locate the correct position for the windows and the hinges. Also, I think you will need to notch the plastic window trim on the inside so the latch can close all the way. Hope this makes sense.Here are some photos of the windows I had in case they help.

Terrible picture of screws for latch
[/IMG]

Screws and hinges
[/IMG]

Latch
[/IMG]

Window
[/IMG]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.