Chevy Nova Forum banner

Roller Rocker Questions!?!?

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  ERV JR 
#1 ·
Heard a intermitent tapping from the engine the other day at operating temp. Noise was coming from left valve cover. I took the valve cover off and the #1 intake rocker tip was shifted off of the valve stem, riding on the retainer. Of course the aluminum roller rocker was damaged at the tip beside the roller and has some wear underneath where it was turning into the spring. I looked at the #2 cylinder intake rocker and I see where it is starting to show some wear underneath as well. I assume the valves need adjusted. It is a roller cam(Solid I think, I have the parts list from when the engine was built by the previous owner, but all of the part #s are obsolete). Any other ideas what is causing this? Who makes a good roller rocker? I see ProComp on ebay for a decent price.(Never heard of them for engine parts?!?!) Also my intake rockers are 1.6 ratio and my exhaust are 1.5 ratio. Is it possible just to order individual rockers instead of a set of 16? Only problem is I can't tell what brand I have now.(No other markings) Thanks for any advise. I want to get this resolved after vacation so I can enjoy the car the rest of the season.

#11 ·
I Have The Same Heads, They State That Wou Can Use A Standard Rocker And Have Seen It Done , It Just Slightly Rotates The Intake Rocker On The Stud And Puts The Push Rod At A Slight Angle. Afr Does Rec That You Do Run The Harland Sharp Rockers With A 50 Thou Offset On The Intake. Its Funny They Say Oh Yeah You Can Runstardard Rockers But Then They Rec The Offest After Being The Phone For A While, Also The Paperwork In The Box Says That The Heads Are 3/16 Taller And Raise The Intake But Dont Rec A Slip Collar Dist.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.