Chevy Nova Forum banner

Bucket seat question, what fits 66?

7K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SparkysSS 
#1 ·
Hi,
OK, Nova addicts! At $350 and up for 66-67 Nova buckets, there has got to be other GM seats that interchange. Does anyone know what years and makes will interchange. My 64 GTO seats look to flat across the top to accept Nova covers. Some Nova parts site showed Chevelle, Impalla as being the same...Is that true? Someone selling 66 Nova buckets on Ebay stated in his auction that all 66 GM's interchanged? I have 66 GTO seats, but they are square across top, just like the 64's. What gives??? Anyone know?
Thanks for the help!
Jimmy

#3 ·
Bucket seats

goatkeeper said:
Hi,
OK, Nova addicts! At $350 and up for 66-67 Nova buckets, there has got to be other GM seats that interchange. Does anyone know what years and makes will interchange. My 64 GTO seats look to flat across the top to accept Nova covers. Some Nova parts site showed Chevelle, Impalla as being the same...Is that true? Someone selling 66 Nova buckets on Ebay stated in his auction that all 66 GM's interchanged? I have 66 GTO seats, but they are square across top, just like the 64's. What gives??? Anyone know?
Thanks for the help!
Jimmy
The 66 GTO seats you describe as being square across the top, sound like they are 65's which are similar to your 64's.
66 and 67 GM Astro Bucket style seats are all very similar except for the seat mounting tracks and upholsetry covers. 66's did not have a folding release button on the side, 67's did have the release button and mechanisms. Technically they will interchange between models, but the tracks may not be correct for mounting.
$350 and up for a pair of 66-67 correct Nova SS bucket seats is about the going price these days, depending on what needs to be done to them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.