Chevy Nova Forum banner

another seat question

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  patman 
#1 ·
I managed to get a set of 69 camaro bucket seats FOR FREE. they look like they will fit the car ok but i was wondering if the seat foam is similar enough to a nova's so that the seat covers will work.:D

#2 ·
no...my understanding is that the seats, though they appear simular, are not close enough in size so the Nova seat covers will not fit the Camaro buckets....I think the camaro buckets have thinner seat backs...or something like that....Possibly someone else will chim in with more info:)

#3 ·
I believe the whole seat is smaller plus other differences. But you still got a heck of a deal on them, I'd like to find some for that price.
If you are not worried about originality, try them in the Nova and see how they work for you. You'll have to make or modify your floor mounts.
Let us know the outcome for future reference.

#4 ·

Thanks guys. Im putting in new floor pans anyway so making the mounts isnt a problem. I will look at some camaro covers and see if one matches pretty close.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.