Chevy Nova Forum banner

I want to rewire my ss

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  hookemdevils22 
#1 ·
I was wondering how hard is it to rewire the whole car. Im not a master mechanic or electrician but I know the basic stuff that I should know. I want to rewire my whole car cause the previous owner was a retard and made a mess with all the wires. I plan on putting in a new engine and gauges so this would be a good time for me to do it. Any suggestions or shops that might be able to do it for me at a reasonable cost. I plan to probably go with the painless kit from summit but if any one has a better kit I would like to hear that too.

#4 ·
I'm definitely no electrician, but I managed to install a Painless Performance universal streetrod harness on my '64. Kit came with an up to date fuse block, extra length wire (each numbered and color coordinated, with short descriptions on each strand), and excess fittings. A decent sized manual with straightforward instructions and simply put diagrams made everything as easy as can be. Took me the better part of 4 days of a couple hours work to get it all cut/crimped/soldered/tucked away. Very nice all and all.

#7 ·
Check out Ron Francis at ronfrancis.com His wiring is not cheap but very nice and easy to install. I rewired from headlights to taillights and never had a problem...Ron will talk to you about your installation over the phone as many times as you want to call...

Larry at Papas Nova

#9 ·
I'm also doing new gauges and wiring harness. I got underneath the dash the other day when hooking up my power brake booster to the pedal, and it looks aweful!

I'm doing a covan's pre-drilled dash with a set of autometer ultra-light gauges. I'm going with american autowire's 69-74 Nova classic update kit (PN 500878). I talked with the tech with A.A., and their kit seems to be the best on the market, and allows for a great deal of customization down the road. I'd look into that kit if I were you.

I'll be ordering these shortly, and can't wait to get it installed! I'm finishing my power disc brake installation tonight (hopefully), and will get this stuff for the weekend barring any major pitfalls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.