Chevy Nova Forum banner

All Chevy show, July 16, Omaha NE

4K views 34 replies 6 participants last post by  impdaddy 
#1 ·
H&H Chevrolet is hosting their all Chevy show July 16. It is a great time and is FREE. Last year I think the number of cars was almost 500.

Dad and I have both already registered. Anyone else planning on coming?
http://www.hhchevy.com/

Lewis

#4 ·
Hey guys!
That was a good show last year!
Pretty sure I'll go... not sure what I;'ll take, hope the 63 might be road worthy by then...

Good to see you guys around still, I've been so busy the last couple of months... don't lke it!

Mark

#6 ·
good question ZOOM. The cars vary by condition. from ok to super show. I have been going since it started years back.(i have crs so won't tell you how many years). there is no charge , no classes. no competition, free tshirt, dash plaque(sp) and doorprizes possible with the registration. go to hhchevy.com to preregister or day of show. better to preregister. see you there.

#9 ·
Zoom, glad you decided to come.

I talked to a guy here at work and he might be bringing his 72. It's a Rally Nova to boot but he hasn't put the stripes back on it. The car is black on black, with rally wheels.

Anyone else coming??

I have talked with the son of the yellow Yenko Duece owner in Lincoln. (the one with the sidepipes on it, unrestored car). They are thinking about coming up, not sure if the Yenko Vega will be making the trip with them.

Lewis

#11 ·
It's nice to see a few more people planning on coming. Anyone else?? Dad and I usually arrive at H&H by 8:00 am to get a good parking spot. If anyone is interested in hooking up to convoy in let me know so we can arrange it. Dad and I live at 154th and 168th St and Harrison St so that is where we are coming from.
Just a thought I had if anyone is interested.
Lewis

#13 ·
Lewis,
So you'll be going down Harrison around 7:45? I'll be standing on the cornor of Brookridge and Harrison waving on the Parade! LOL

Mark (giong but not bringing anything:-( )

#14 ·
Mark,
Call me dumb but where is Brookridge St?

We'll be going Harrison to HWY 50 then over to L St. L St down to 84th. We'll probably head out by 7:30 to try and get our spot on the 84th St curb so we can set up the canopy.

I don't think anyone else is meeting up with us so it will just be me and dad.

If anyone is looking for something to do Saturday, that will be cleanup day for the car. I can't keep it clean in the new neighborhood with all the dust in the air.

#15 ·
Yous not dumb! You could name of any street in yyour neighborhood and I'd be dumb! LOL

Brookridge is the only break in the medium on Harrison going north between 132nd light and the 126th light.

I can understand the dust! there's so much construction west of me... when we moved into that area 13 years ago Harrison was a gravel road past 156th.

What time on Saturday? I might be able to break free for a bit...

PM me with your phone and or your address...

Mark

#16 ·
Ok, I know where it is now. It heads north from Harrison to go towards the airport. I had a few friends who lived in there when I was in high school. I sent you a PM. I was kidding about the helping clean part but you are more than welcome to stop by anytime.
Lewis

#18 · (Edited)
I had a great time today guys. Thanks for stopping by. Unfortunately the car did not fare so well on the way home. Lets put it this way. It got so hot that it burned the paint off the heads. Hopefully the engine is still good. After a LONG bath in the radiator from the hose it seems to be running ok. I'm going to drop the oil tomorrow. I'm trying not to get my hopes up though. It was TOO hot. Dads Chevelle was puking antifreeze too. This is the first time either of us have had a problem with overheating.

Lewis

#20 ·
Glad to see you got home Lewis!
Well 100 degrees at 3 in the afternoon! holly $hit!
Hope the Nova doesn't have anything more wrong than scorched paint...
You make it OK Impdaddy?

Mark

#23 ·
Awesome 2 tone grey and green 67 sedan there.
No doubt atbout that!
It was really hard to tell it was a 2 tone until you get to the right angle...
Loved the little flame at the taillight area on the side quarter panel...

Hey Lewis you look at your engine yet?

Mark (that's all I've done lately is "look" at my engine)

#24 ·
I haven't had time to look at it. We pushed it back out on the drive and stuck the garden hose in the radiator with the car running to cool it off. It seemed to cool off pretty quick. When I got home I pulled right in the garage. I killed the ignition and the car kept running, popping and backfiring like crazy. The wife ran for cover. The smoke/steam was pouring out from the hood. I wish I wouldn't have waited on replacing that temp gauge now. I forgot to mention that the fan belt was thrown off too. I don't know when it happened but my guess is somewhere on the way home it got tossed at a 6500 rpm shift when I was messing with dad. ;)

Once the car cooled off it was ideling ok in the drive so I am hopefull everything is ok. I'm gonna drop the oil and pull the valve covers. Anyone have an LS1 laying around (just in case I killed the 406)?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.